ground stations in coastal norfolk/suffolk

Find and post all your Civil and Military HF, VHF & UHF Frequencies Here

Re: ground stations in coastal norfolk/suffolk

Postby G4RMT » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Not sure if that would help really - My aim really is to compare different sorts of aerials and see if any jump out as either better than expected or worse than expected for reception on a number of frequencies. To do it properly I just need a range of frequencies that remain constant in transmission level. Business VHF and UHF, broadcast FM, DAB, Marine, Airwave, ham band repeaters, data links etc. Military and Civilian airband is proving trickier as so far the only one I can hear is Beccles - and their transmissions are sporadic, being a small field. Same with Bristows in Lowestoft - just very spasmodic stuff, which by the time I noticed, have gone. It's obviously a longish term project, but some results so far are as expected, with just weirdness on aircraft.
G4RMT

Re: ground stations in coastal norfolk/suffolk

Postby Minus1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:05 am

Useful constant signals at both ends of the UHF airband would be these, though an SDR might be needed to compare signal strengths:
* DAB (numerous sites show the channels used)
* Airwave TETRA (390-395)
* USAF P25 control channels from Lakenheath (410.425, 411.675, 413.375)
and Mildenhall (414.15)
There is only one control channel at each site, and it transmits permanently, though the frequency changes now and again under circumstances that are not entirely clear.

For VHF
* VOR Coltishall CSL TACAN 116.5 and Wattisham WTM TACAN 109.0 - both relatively low power though.
* Paging signals at 137/138 Mhz. (137.975, 138.025, 138.075, 138.15, 138.175)
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Previous

Return to Airband Air Frequencies