Military RAF Frequencies VHF/UHF

Find and post all your Civil and Military HF, VHF & UHF Frequencies Here

Re: Military RAF Frequencies VHF/UHF

Postby Chris P » Fri May 20, 2016 5:54 am

one website says open Tuesdays and Thursdays in May so it may be worth giving them a call on 01692 631485 during that time to find out the opening times in june ,it also says open 30th may ( bank holiday Monday). A visit is well worth the effort and for those interested in the hardware of more up to date radar there are some interesting masts on a couple of sites just to the north of the museum site at butchers common and barton turf and at the Remote Radar head on the coast road (B1159)between mundesley and trimingham where there is an RAF golfball radar dome and slightly further on towards towards trimington a NATS radar site . a visit to this site and a check on close call may reveal what frequencies are in use at Trimingham too
Regards Chris aka G8FFF nipper or tazmin88
Chris P

Postby m0lsx » Fri May 20, 2016 8:06 am

Chris P wrote:and at the Remote Radar head on the coast road (B1159)between mundesley and trimingham where there is an RAF golfball radar dome and slightly further on towards towards trimington a NATS radar site . a visit to this site and a check on close call may reveal what frequencies are in use at Trimingham too

I thought I had posted this before..
I think the local recovery people will be able to answer that. I know I have pulled a few vehicles off the road there myself..
This story was reported extensively at the time..Back in 2006.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1511015/Drivers-blame-RAF-radar-as-dials-go-haywire.html

Like something out of a sci-fi film, motorists are finding their lights flickering and engines cutting out as they drive along a Norfolk coast road.
Speedometers have zoomed to a reading of 150 mph, indicators have gone berserk and at least one driver had her car's entire electrical system knocked out.
Drivers around Trimingham are blaming a local RAF "golf ball" radar station and official complaints from residents to the MoD brought the promise of an investigation, but no admission of responsibility.
Kerrie Maydew, 39, of Mundesley, who passes the base on a school run every day, said her car's electrical system had been affected six times.
On one occasion mechanics found that her Nissan Almera's main fuse box had "fried" and presented her with a £300 bill. She said: "It only ever happens when I drive past the radar golf ball towards Cromer, so it must be what is causing it. We have lived here for five years but it has only been happening in the past couple of months."
Neil Crayford, 32, who runs a garage in Mundesley, said that since Christmas he had worked on about 30 cars with similar problems, including three last Friday.
"It is a mixture of lights and engines cutting out, along with dashboards going haywire," said Mr Crayford, whose own car suffered a headlight failure recently when he was driving close to the radar station.
He said that most cars had been repaired simply by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to re-set the electronics. Mr Crayford, 32, himself a former RAF radar operator, added: "Something must have changed, either the frequency or output, for this to be happening. I lodged an official complaint with the MoD two weeks ago but incidents are still happening. We get about five a week and had three more on Friday. I have talked to people who live near the dome but it doesn't seem to affect their televisions or radios. It is just something in cars it appears to affect."
A private pilot, however, said last night that it was well known among fliers that you should not go too close to radar installations in case their transmissions interfered with electrical equipment.
The MoD said that an investigation was under way. But a spokesman added that there were other, private operators using the same frequency range as the Type 43 radar inside the dome and that there were "no guarantees that the Trimingham radar is the cause of the reported incidents".
Most car handbooks warned of possible malfunctions close to radar transmitters, the spokesman added.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby PalMal » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi all,
I am in Newport Gwent area and not far from Caerwent. I have a lot of military (helicopters) flying directly over head low level (I am assuming into base at Caerwent though I thought it was now closed?) yet have never heard any communications. I have also added Bristol freqs and Brise Norton freqs from this list but I have yet to hear any military. Anyone offer any frequencies that may help me please. Thanks.
PalMal

Postby Minus1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:21 am

Military helicopters flying low level, and communicating air to air, may use all manner of weird VHF frequencies from 30 to 84 MHz.
Military VHF low bands:
29.7 - 47
50 - 68 (not exclusively military but hardly anyone else uses it)
72.8 - 74.8
75.2 - 76.7
78 - 79.975
83.5 - 84.975

Because they are low level, the range is very limited.
If you do catch them, you don't hear them often.
Try these:
38.55 & 46.8 MHz RAF Transport aircraft
51.4 MHz - heard some Chinooks on this some years ago.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Previous

Return to Airband Air Frequencies