DMR Digital & Analogue Radio Scanning - BFDX & BCT15X

Watch Scanner and Radio Videos and listen to Audio Recordings Here

Re: DMR Digital & Analogue Radio Scanning - BFDX & BCT15X

Postby moj » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:59 pm

To answer your questions i,m not sure why your picking up static m8 and depends on your antenna and which reciever your using that can contribute to noise on the band etcand where i am i dont pick up much marine traffic ?

The new Aor digital scanner your talking about , it looks good but to be honest it just seems like an sdr dongle but in a box with an easier frontend to use out of the box and yes it can decode a lot more extra like dpmr etc but again it wont be able to sniff encryption codes so really we are in the same boat as we are now and then theres the massive price tag for this scanner on top :)

Just like sammy talks about i,m trying on the new tetra decoding software myself tonight on my funcube dongle so i will hopefully be able to hear unencrypted tetra signals if all goes as planned and i suppose if your recieving and not trying to monitor a tea2 system similar to police then there wont be any need to logon to any networks etc
This is the closest scanner users have got to monitoring tetra in years so it was def worth the wait but i just wish it was ported to windows ;)
moj

Postby Radioshane » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:18 pm

good evening there I'm using a aor ar8600 and a 18 foot half wave omniderctional antenna

and why does everyone thinghy listening to the cops I used to be my favourite the fire brigade!
Radioshane

Postby Radioshane » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:22 pm

well hello there moj who uses no encryption key TETRA is it highways agency officers and uk border force and hmrc?
Furthermore why does bill Robertson say in October 2013 that he's already told everyone how to decode when he hasn't?
Radioshane

Postby moj » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:53 am

Well to be honest i cant see goverment agencys having
no kind of encryption but if we find anything we,ll let you
know ,and i doubt he cracked anything and just wanted
more readers or sales of the magazine , im just glad the
real crackers allowed it into the public domain :)
moj

Postby Radioshane » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:38 pm

moj sorry what do you mean the real crackers allowed it in the public domain?
Radioshane

Postby Radioshane » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 pm

I agree with a 100 percent lots of other people on many other forums including this one say he's full of hot hair!.
Radioshane

Postby moj » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:24 pm

If you google the Osmocom tetra project http://tetra.osmocom.org/trac/you will see where it all started from and if it wasnt for those boffin guys we still wouldnt of ever heard a tetra system cause it was classed as impossible to monitor , at least we now have the option of adding unencrypted tetra to the scanning capabilities of sdr now .
moj

Postby sammy3417 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Radioshane wrote:well hello there moj who uses no encryption key TETRA is it highways agency officers and uk border force and hmrc?
Furthermore why does bill Robertson say in October 2013 that he's already told everyone how to decode when he hasn't?

Robertson is full of hot air, hes talked crap for so long he has lost me as a subscriber to Radio User. He stated he's had dsd running on his windows phone, but he never puts his money where his magazine is... Total chopper the man is..... Your best off with this forum as you get news much quicker than you would in Radio User magazine... He tells lies to keep you buying, that's my conclusion ....

a nice disclaimer to new users about not asking silly things that could put the hobby in trouble would be a wise idea.... In that I mean PROMA was doing very well until Mr Wey went showing off to the press! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwPcl7nbgg
sammy3417

Postby moj » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:37 am

I fully agree with you sammy , i get really annoyed when everybody posts the exact details what they find on here especially when its the digital details of suposed to be secure communications that businesses and users are using on here and its knowing that we are just cutting our own throats with the scanner hobby and sooner or later they will try shutting this site down and blaming terrorism or some other legal excuse .

Again the members on here that keep putting the colour codes and groups what they have sniffed is the thing thats going to be the downfall of this forum and either it should go completely private or members being banned when they break the rules by posting the exact details etc and not got a problem if just the frequency is posted.

some people think i,m being out of order and sounding to strict but somethings have taken months to find and workout and then get put on here and then all of a sudden there encrypted and cant be heard again .
moj

Postby jonnyboyy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi, I fully agree with last two posts and I would like to voice my concerns on the subject of posting details of digital users. If joe public can visit these forums then so can the RF engineers out there that install and program these DMR systems, I live in London and loads of new users are popping up all the time. So I ask a communications company to install a new DMR system and ask can it be listened into by anyone and engineer says not by most but some with the knowhow can listen in and I tell him I don't want that so he will encrypt it, simple as that.

Like Moj said lets be a bit more discreet about things guys.

Jonny.
jonnyboyy

PreviousNext

Return to Radio & Scanner Video's and Audio