DSD running on my Windows tablet

Watch Scanner and Radio Videos and listen to Audio Recordings Here

DSD running on my Windows tablet

Postby sammy3417 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Decoding voice :thumbup:

not bad for a little tablet
Last edited by sammy3417 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sammy3417

Re: DSD running on my Windows tablet

Postby moj » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:29 am

I wish i knew how you do it lol, i tried on a surface pro 2 tablet
but dsdplus didnt work at all as if it couldnt see the dongle etc?
moj

Postby sammy3417 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Its pretty easy to get going moj... Are you running a PRO version of windows on the tablet or a RT version? That might be your problem! I am going to get the tetra decoder going on the tablet next.. My tablet is a Dell Venture 8 pro quad core with 2gb ram it is the 32gb version but I had a spare 128gb sd card knocking about so I popped it in and it works... This tablet is portable so I can take it anywhere now and listen to what I please with out having to do codeplugs.... I followed this tutorial for the tablet mate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjTRx8_KGiI

Same principle, the tablet is running a full version of Windows and so it can run exe programs unlike the RT versions that will only run apps from the Windows store... This is why we all know Bill Robertson from RADIO USER was talking complete tonk when he said he had DSD running on is Windows phone!
Last edited by sammy3417 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
sammy3417

Postby Frequency Hopper » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:10 pm

Impressive slim line set up. I have trouble getting it working on my laptop so I would be interested in getting the same kind of set-up.

Did you simply download DSD+ and SDR# to the tablet and get it going quickly. Did you have to play with settings or instal Virtual Audio Cable or similar?

Is the Dell Venture 8 you have this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Venue-Pro- ... B00I2SJO72 and does it have USB inputs?

Very sorry for all the questions but I would like to get set-up the same as you have.
Frequency Hopper

Postby sammy3417 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Frequency Hopper wrote:Impressive slim line set up. I have trouble getting it working on my laptop so I would be interested in getting the same kind of set-up.

Did you simply download DSD+ and SDR# to the tablet and get it going quickly. Did you have to play with settings or instal Virtual Audio Cable or similar?

Is the Dell Venture 8 you have this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Venue-Pro- ... B00I2SJO72 and does it have USB inputs?

Very sorry for all the questions but I would like to get set-up the same as you have.

Yes mate thats the tablet I have.... and I just followed the tutorial from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjTRx8_KGiI

I bought a USB converter cable that fits in the power socket of the tablet.... Great bit of kit......works a treat :thumbup:

I used VB-cable....the same as virtual audio cable...see the link above
sammy3417

Postby 2E0UCW » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:46 pm

Would it work on a Samsung Galaxy tablet?

I have DSD (and other related software) running on my laptop - Acer Aspire V3-571 running Windows 8 and 8Gb RAM.
2E0UCW

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (Just up the road from EGLL)

Postby sammy3417 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:59 pm

M6UCW wrote:Would it work on a Samsung Galaxy tablet?

I have DSD (and other related software) running on my laptop - Acer Aspire V3-571 running Windows 8 and 8Gb RAM.

No mate DSD wont run on Android, only on Windows, the tablet I have is running a full version of Windows 8.1
sammy3417

Return to Radio & Scanner Video's and Audio