I have been getting lots of emails from PRO users asking what new things will be included in the NEXT update.
I do not usually do this, as in the past some new functions seem to find their way into other programs eventually, albeit perhaps not so well implemented, lol. However as no other program has 'Q' I will do so.
I am very busy 'testing' to make sure all the changes have not introduced any Gremlins, so I have prepared a quick list here. They are ALL worth reading about.
1. In all Search and Memory operations, the BANK list NOW also shows the appropriate Bank description (TAG) next to each entry in the Bank List.
This makes using Search and Memory functions so much easier. No need to try to remember which Bank Number refers to the one you are looking for.
2. The 'Q' auto search and store function works best with Line Squelch, so the program now automatically selects that where necessary.
3. Some windows now have an 'x' (close option) added
4. The 'Q' auto search and store function makes the AR-DV1's totally redundant. That took up memories, was limited in the number it could store, and could not display full information about each frequency.
The 'Q' function is much more sophisticated and easy to use, both to save and recall those frequencies to the radio instantly.
When that function is active, 'Q-AS' is shown on the program's yellow screen.
5. The 'Q' auto search has been modified and it NEVER reacts to 'false positives'. This could happen due to the 'AR-DV1' sending some out from time to time. Now the list you get in 'Q' auto search is always 100% accurate.
6. The 'Q' auto search window now contains a 'slider' which allows the User to decide how long a signal holds open the squelch before an entry is made to the list, (from 1 to 10 seconds). Useful if you want to eliminate very short signals registering a new line.
As before, the 'Q' auto search list is 'intelligent'. If the same frequency opens, a new line is not created each time, just the time and date of the last change is updated. The same applies to the manual 'Q' list that operates if a User decides to make an entry by right clicking the VFO-A button.
7. Added an option NOT to display the description (TAG) of memory frequencies during a Memory Scan. This required a lot of information exchange and could slow the SCAN operation.
In any case, when a Memory frequency opens, the description (TAG) will be displayed.
***** The actual speed of the AR-DV1 in a SEARCH or SCAN remains the same. The limitation in speed of serial communications mean that the program's SEARCH and SCAN display are not updated as quickly as they are on the radio's screen (which is so fast as to be unreadable anyway), however AS SOON AS A FREQUENCY OPENS ALL DETAILS ARE SHOWN ON THE eSPYonARD screen.
8. If a problem ever occurred with the connection between the Radio and the P.C. a window would appear asking the User to enter the Com Port manually. This function still exists, but the window kept losing 'focus' so was difficult to use. That has been corrected.
9. During the startup process the radio's volume is set to '0' initially, just to minimise any bursts of sound if one of the frequencies is active. When setup is complete the volume is reset.
***** The program always takes about 20 seconds to start. That is because it stores a lot of User preferences whilst in operation, and these have to be restored. Also the program checks to see if any changes have been made to the Radio since eSPYonARD was last used, and updates those settings. This waiting time is important, as it provides the User with important 'up to date' information when completed.
10. The Volume and Squelch sliders are now larger, so easier to operate.
11. The program will turn the radio 'ON' automatically. It does NOT turn the power 'OFF' when the program closes, as in many circumstances that would not be appropriate.
12. The main 'Q' window can be minimised (keeps operating), and restored. Especially useful during a 'Q' auto search and store operation.
There have also been a number of minor cosmetic changes.
As always, all the operation of the program, including the changes above are simple to use, as they should be, however the programming capabilities and alterations have been extensive, and a lot of work.
If you do not have the PRO version yet, please download the 'free trial' and see for yourselfhttp://www.espyonard.com
Finally, you will find you will probably NOT need to refer to the program's manual at all to use the usual 'simple' operations. However eSPYonARD is such a comprehensive 'professional' program, in order to get the full use of it a 'Manual' is important. No other program provides so many extra functions that the AR-DV1 just cannot perform on its own.
The 'Q' functions alone makes the AR_DV1 / eSPYonARD combination unique. Anyone who has not seen them in operation is missing quite an experience.