AOR ARDV1 PC NEW CONTROL SOFTWARE (NOT BUTEL)

Post and find all your useful radio and scanner links here

AOR ARDV1 PC NEW CONTROL SOFTWARE (NOT BUTEL)

Postby marlbrook » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:02 pm

There is now a PC program (not BUTEL), realtime control program for the AOR AR-DV1 Receiver.

Looks interesting,

https://youtu.be/OfQ8x4iUtYI
marlbrook

Things have moved on - a LOT

Postby marlbrook » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:58 am

The new 'Q' functions in eSPYonARD bring a new dimension to scanning.

It is now an easy matter to add interesting frequencies to a list with a single click. If you accidentally click the same frequency twice during your surfing, the program detects this, and does not make another entry, but updates that line with a new time and date stamp.

Double click on any line at any time and the frequency / mode is transferred to the radio and program. Great for FM or AM signals, and a GOD Send when they are Side Band.

You are not restricted to any Band, surf anywhere withing the radio's range, find a frequency you want to store or go back to, click a button and it is added. So your newly created list can contain any frequency and mode that the AR-DV1 is capable of receiving. All sorted into frequency order.

The list is saved automatically.

The above is just one small thing 'Q' functions can do. They vary from the 'very useful' to the 'jaw dropping' amazing.

At the Web-Site you can read a short pdf file which describes 'Q' , and another that shows you the brand new 'Q-DB' frequency acquisition and frequency manipulation functions, something that has never been achieved before.

http://pat3380.wix.com/ardv1

Of course if you have not done so already, and have an AR-DV1 then just download the Trial and see them in action.

As far as finding interesting frequencies / frequency lists, from the Net or other places, importing entire lists for almost immediate use by the radio, without modification, and the abilities to Sort them, apply Filters, add PASS frequencies and many other things, 'Q-DB' does what would previously be thought of as impossible.

Big claims I know, but if you have access to an AR-DV1 you can quickly see just how accurate they are.
marlbrook

TETRA MODE ENABLED plus over 1000 'Q' Tetra frequencies

Postby marlbrook » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:32 am

I uploaded 007 to the web-site this morning.

www.espyonard.com

During the setup, a new sub folder is created with over one thousand likely Tetra frequencies included.

That means you can almost instantly monitor or scan any of them using 'Q' without tying up the radio's actual memories, or programming any in by hand.

Of course I cannot guarantee which, if any, frequencies are operating in your vicinity, or if the AR-DV1 can decode them.

If you are lucky enough to have working Tetra frequencies where you live then PLEASE add details here and I will include them in the next update.

With 'Q' you can very quickly edit, amend, or create your own Tetra /other lists, or import them from almost anywhere.

If the above does not convince you of how powerful, and what a leap forward the 'Q' functions are, then nothing will. Of course you could just try them and find out for yourself.
marlbrook

ADVANCE NEWS

Postby marlbrook » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:40 pm

Just before the first TETRA firmware was released, I had started a re-write regarding the AR-DV1's Memory Channel manipulation.

I wanted to make it much easier to change things, and find a way to 'force' the radio to add changes to the Memories automatically just by selecting an individual button on the Main window, Frequency, modes, different squelches, noise reduction and bandwidth settings etc, but still in real-time so Users could hear the results. All with a single mouse click.

Sounds quite easy when you say it quickly, but it was not. The radio is not designed to allow those things under serial control.

I shelved the project, and had to first concentrate on adding Tetra, then fixes re the firmware.

I went back to it a few days ago.

Soon there will be new functions re Memory Channels.

The new functions are not complicated, quite the opposite. The coding is complex, but the operation should make Memory Channel manipulation much easier, and still in real-time so Users can actually hear their effect as changes are made.

The original methods are still available, for those used to them.

The BETA has gone out to be tested.

I realise there have been several updates in the last few weeks, but they were necessary to introduce workarounds regarding firmware 1610B.

It has been over a year since I started this project. Lots of updates since then, but only 3 were directly related to bug fixes, all the others added new functions.

Unless any Gremlins surface, this will probably be the last update for a bit, probably until AOR release a new mode.

Anyone who has the program, or has not updated it for some time really should install v.6.0007-001 when it is posted.

No I have not lost interest. I will still provide 7/7 support. It is just that, especially since the 'Q' additions, and this latest update, the program is about as comprehensive as it can be. It really does raise using the AR-DV1 to previously unimaginable heights.

The 'Trial' is free as always.

Check the web-site for v.6.0007-001. It should be released within a few days.

ardv1
marlbrook

Latest Update - fixes for firmware bugs included

Postby marlbrook » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:45 am

Most should know that updating is really easy. Just download the new setup file and run it. All your previous settings remain unaltered.

I strongly recommend you install this latest version.

If you have not tried eSPYonARD yet, or tried much earlier versions, then please consider installing the free trial. There have been many changes, improvements and additions over the year. The web-site describes them, and there is a YouTube video showing the standard functions. This is the original video, so an early version. Updating that would result in all the User comments being removed, so I do not want that to happen. It does still give a good idea about the program's operation, although there have been many new functions added since it was made.

http://www.espyonard.com

Although at the end of the setup it suggests you choose to re-boot, you can ignore that when just updating.

As usual the full details of the update appear as the last entry in the Manual, under the Changes-Log. Here is a summary:

v. (6.0007-002)
1. Changes to VSQ; LSQ; NSQ; AUTO; TSQ; AND DCS selection in order to attempt a 'fix' because of 1610B firmware issues.

2. Changed default SKIN on first installation. All 12 are still available, including the original. Once you choose a Skin the program remembers your choice.

3. Added extra code to deal with even more formats of downloaded / imported frequency files in 'Q'.

NOTES re. FIRMWARE 1610B
Because firmware 1610B contains the TETRA mode, most people will wish to use it.

There are several anomalies that have been introduced with 1610B. None of them seriously affect the operation of the AR-DV1 (in manual or under software control), but they sometimes produce strange results.

In the main they are triggered whenever the radio calls VFOZ. IF bandwidth, Mode, Step, various Squelch functions especially during a Search, and other things, do not always behave correctly.

These things happen if the radio is controlled entirely manually, i.e. by its buttons, so are not caused by eSPYonARD or by serial communications.

The program has to refer to VFOZ from time to time, and use that VFO for various functions.
After a lot of work, I have created temporary 'fixes' that force the AR-DV1's firmware to behave as it should with almost all the 'bugs'. Usually these occur in the background, and have no visible affects. It may take a second for the program to identify that a firmware bug has kicked in, and to correct it.

The good news is that when using eSPYonARD the 1610B firmware issues are controlled, and most 'fixed' in the background.

END OF YEAR TIP
In a Search or Scan particularly, the program has to constantly send out and process numerous commands in order to keep its screen updated.
The program is intuitive, and if it starts to receive errors from the AR-DV1 it 'slows' down Search and Scan, but only as far as the information is displayed on the program's screen.
Errors may be caused by many factors, including any load on the P.C. at the time, and the number of USB devices connected. From time to time, whilst the program is scanning, right-click the MEM-SCAN button. This resets the 'delay' to its default value.
marlbrook

Return to Links