BC Tool

For all your radio modifications, manuals, tips, reviews and guides

BC Tool

Postby Jetman65 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi everyone.
I'm probably repeating an earlier post but I was hoping to get some advice on how to use BC Tool. I've got Two uniden ubc3500xlt's so I downloaded BC Tool. I can connect my scanners with no problems but how do you save and copy the scanners info onto laptop ? I was hoping to use one scanner as a master and copy it's content onto my second scanner. I'm no computer genius and am finding the going tough :sad: . Any advice would be very much appreciated Thankyou. :smiles:
Jetman65

Re: BC Tool

Postby bowler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi Jetman65 :thumbup: .
On your bcTool+ interface on the second row down with icons, you have 2 images of a scanner, one with a Green arrow facing Left indicating "upload from scanner to PC" and then one with a Red arrow facing Right Indicating "upload from PC to scanner".
Once connected you just select which you want to do. Incidentally as a tip if you upload from your scanner you will end up with duplicate files of any already on your programme :embarrased: .
When downloading from my PC to the scanner I always check "Clear Scanner Memory before downloading" for any existing programmes on my scanner.
I would think that its best to use your bcTool+ programme as your master copy. You should also do a fresh backup file every time you make changes, I use the date as a reference, then you can always recover your recent files if you have a disaster :shocker: You can also save to a USB stick as a precaution if you wish.
Hope this helps :thumbup:
bowler

Postby Jetman65 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Many thanks for the advice.
The problem I have is how do you create a file? When I go to save something it gives me options which I can't get my head around. ( I need an idiots step by step guide sorry!) I've been on you tube looking for examples but the only ones I can find are using old software. I'm using windows7.
Many thanks
Alan
Jetman65

Postby Jetman65 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:10 pm

The problem I've got is when I try to open a saved item, Adobe can't open it. Is there a converter that I need to install?
Many thanks
Alan
:huh:
Jetman65

Return to Radio & Scanner Mods, Manuals and Tips