Help! - Uniden 125XLT

For all your radio modifications, manuals, tips, reviews and guides

Help! - Uniden 125XLT

Postby LandingGearLaurie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Hi All,

I have just become involved in Scanning and think I might have made a mistake in my choice of Scanner. I have the Uniden Bearcat 75XLT and so far it has been brill. However, I have been looking at the 125XLT and it appears that it has a little more in the way of bands and features on the display screen. Is it much different to use etc?

Now I do tend to hang around the Air/Marine bands and have never really bothered with Military but was also wondering whether the Military band has any more to offer or is it really just air shows and Red Arrows?
I guess being new to the hobby I still have a lot to learn but if you think the 125 is miles better that the 75 please let me know. Dont get me wrong ... I am very happy with mine but just dont want to be missing out for a few extra quid so to speak.

Comments most welcome.

Laurie
LandingGearLaurie
I Bare The Cross Of Coer De Lion!
LandingGearLaurie

Re: Help! - Uniden 125XLT

Postby LandingGearLaurie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:43 pm

Update

In response to my dilemma I spoke to a VERY helpful man at Nevada Radio in Portsmouth and through his expertise I am now all sorted.

Basically there is no need for me to change, I have not much in the way of Military band usage around here and it would not give me much more for the money. It also becomes a little more complicated with the 125XLT so I'm going to remain with my excellent 75XLT

I will leave this post on here just in case any newbies or undeciders need a beginners view - after all, we've all been there I guess.

Happy Christmas one and all ....

Laurie
LandingGearLaurie
I Bare The Cross Of Coer De Lion!
LandingGearLaurie

Return to Radio & Scanner Mods, Manuals and Tips