WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver any one use one, or similar?

For all your radio modifications, manuals, tips, reviews and guides

WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver any one use one, or similar?

Postby JGR » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Not long ago I acquired a WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver in a deal which has the expansion to cover up to 180 MHz.
It is a good SDR receiver but the major gripe I have is that I use a QHD (Quad High Definition) monitor of 2560x1440 pixels at a16x9 aspect ratio and as such the scaling of the user interface is small to say the least and none scalable!
I duly noted this issue to Winradio and asked if the UI can be adjusted of which they said no and that it was my not very common high resolution screen that is at fault and that I will need to adjust the resolution to a more common size of say 1366x768 resolution for a laptop and or a desktop running 1280x1024 (for one this PCI card would not fit in a laptop) and my retort back was that I thought those resolutions mentioned are old technology and a lot of users of high end SDR are way above that level of screen technology.
Obviously they tried to tell me/sell me their top end receiver by stating that it had a fully scaleable user interface, but with customer service like the above I will not be parting with any cash their way for sure! :rolleyes:

So has anyone used any other third party SDR software with these Winradio systems, if so let me know as I am keen to move away from limitations.
John 2E0JGR CMH (clinical master hypnotist)
JGR

Re: WiNRADiO WR-G313i Receiver any one use one, or similar?

Postby JGR » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:49 pm

No one have any ideas?
John 2E0JGR CMH (clinical master hypnotist)
JGR

Return to Radio & Scanner Mods, Manuals and Tips