Shafted!!!!!

Talk about radio and non radio stuff in here, a place for Genral Chit Chat

Shafted!!!!!

Postby alunonhisown » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:34 pm

Well, I have been well and truly busted. Bid on 5 Scanners over the weekend, and won 2 and both times seller has said they not selling to me as they did not get what the were expecting.
Icom IC R20 for £201 paid and was refunded
Uniden UBC3500XLT paid £155 and was refunded.
I think I may as well give up.
AOHO
alunonhisown

Re: Shafted!!!!!

Postby m0lsx » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:19 pm

I hope you are reporting both to ebay & leaving negative feed back, as neither are behaving as they should.

if the uniden was secondhand then £155 was a fair price & at £120 for the Icom was cheap, but if they failed to set a minimum reserve, that is not your fault.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=017721449704518888595:wswa65nq4ww
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby alunonhisown » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:41 pm

Icom was £201 and used, but fairly new
Uniden was used.
My search goes on
AOHO
alunonhisown

Postby G4RMT » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:02 pm

absolutely! complain. As ebay charge more for setting reserves, they're quite hot if you can give them the transcript of the message from the seller, that they can see anyway as it runs through the system, and is monitored to prevent private off-ebay deals being done.

I sell quite a bit through ebay, and sometimes you take a hit, and I never go back on the deal. Complain, but do it nicely.
G4RMT

Postby jimh » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 pm

This might interest you:
http://www.transmission1.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=50121

(BTW, I am no way connected to the seller: I'm just the messenger !)
jimh

Postby ajrm » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:10 pm

I would definitely report them to eBay. If it was an auction with no reserve, surely they are in breach of contract by not selling to the highest bidder.
I recently bought a good IC R20 for £140, and sold a Uniden 3500 for £155, so the prices you paid were reasonable.
I think the Icom is by far the better radio, there is a wider frequency range and you have SSB as well. I think it's far easier to programme too.
ajrm

Postby alunonhisown » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:08 am

Thanks for the replies folks. Appreciate the kind words.
I actually have my own eBay shop and have done for 7 years. albeit it will close in about 5 weeks. I am not to bothered about reporting them, but if they ask me for a cancellation request they can fekk off. Pay the fees due.
I looked at that 3500 in the link and it sold today, not to worry plenty more fish in the sea as they say. Something bound to turn up by April 4th.
Thanks again folks
AOHO
alunonhisown

Postby 2E0LDQ » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:26 pm

I had this exact same problem last week,
I was bidding on a bearcat bct15x and it must not of made what he wanted,
But I managed to get myself a bct15x and hopefully will be here tomorrow,
I'm unsure what type of scanner you're after, but there is another bct15x on the same auction site ending later today and it's at a great price, just a heads up.
2E0LDQ | Yaesu FTM-400DR| Uniden Bearcat BCT15X |

https://www.qrz.com/db/2e0ldq
2E0LDQ

Postby Crocus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:25 am

@ least u did not loose money ; like I did ... not with Ebay , who I find brill , but martin lynch .... £60 down .... was charged for [ ripped off ] Saturday ' special ' UPS delivery , did not happen , local guy came on the Thursday ! .... nxt the scanner was faulty ! ... distortion on some frequencies and the VSQ , kept coming on after 10 minutes or so on scan ... and was not able to disable or stop it ! ... had to keep re boot ing the thing... the instruction book was smudged in the centre pages too ! .... with deductions from and incl. non UPS delivery charges was £60 , am £60 down from dealing with Lynch .... who claimed it all to be my fault .... have proved to myself now that is not the case , as got another scanner frm another dealer , who did send it UPS , incl. in the price , set it up ... and its spot on ... I have bean use ing scanners for over 30 years .... ..- so as I have said , yes annoying that you have been done bi not very good Ebayers , but , it has not cost you £60 ....but as others hav said , report it 2 Ebay , as it is against their selling policy ...oh , and I had to open a paypal dispute case against lynch to get my money back .... he was blame ing the whole matter on me , and it was all my hard luck , and wanted another £30 for another non UPS delivery to send a faulty item back to me ! ... kris... :huh:
Crocus

Postby Metradio » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Crocus wrote:@ least u did not loose money ; like I did ... not with Ebay , who I find brill , but martin lynch .... £60 down .... was charged for [ ripped off ] Saturday ' special ' UPS delivery , did not happen ......

How long ago was this ?? Were ML&S in Ealing or Chertsey at the time ??

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Next

Return to General Discussion