Rules

Talk about radio and non radio stuff in here, a place for Genral Chit Chat

Rules

Postby AndrewIrvine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:22 pm

I've upset a few, well, 3 people at the most, out of 3614 members, for posting details of my finds. I've asked before for the groups rules, nothing appeared. Apparently I'm not allowed to do as admin do, like this viewtopic.php?f=12&t=197

My list appeared 9 months before I joined, I was glad someone appreciated my work enough to lift it off another site and put it here. I was thanked personally for joining.

Can the real admin step in to clarify, not the back seat or the self appointed variety?
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, BCT15X
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Re: Rules

Postby Minus1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:11 am

Considering how many self-opinionated touchy idiots there are in the world, I'd say only upsetting only 3 out of 3614 people is pretty good going :biggrin:
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby Alfie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:23 pm

i always thought re digital its no groups ids allowed but colour code and mode etc are allowed though its not been clarified ?

the new whistler scanners now available in the uk show colour code mode and even group info so i think its not sacred anymore but i dont think posting group ids is a good idea. ofcom and aor scanners show colour codes and to be blunt all you need is freq and mode and the rest can be got with dsd or a whistler scanner anyways
Alfie

Postby Metradio » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:32 pm

In a group some years ago before the Metropolitan Police went to Airwave we would discuss their UHF trunked radio system and how to monitor it, we had a little rule of not giving too much information to new (to us) users, this proved to be the right approach when we found out that a couple of our 'new' enthusiastic members were part of a gang linked to Millwall football club who were planning to ambush and injure some of the Met's finest by monitoring their radio traffic..
Again before Airwave, the gang that tried to rob the Millennium Diamond were found with a trunking scanner filled with our trunking data, Talkgroups, ID's, etc, it was luck that the Met Robbery Squad were using encrypted radios.. I had a visit from a couple of guys in blue suites over this :sad:

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT.
Metradio

Postby redman99 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:19 pm

Metradio wrote:In a group some years ago before the Metropolitan Police went to Airwave we would discuss their UHF trunked radio system and how to monitor it, we had a little rule of not giving too much information to new (to us) users, this proved to be the right approach when we found out that a couple of our 'new' enthusiastic members were part of a gang linked to Millwall football club who were planning to ambush and injure some of the Met's finest by monitoring their radio traffic..
Again before Airwave, the gang that tried to rob the Millennium Diamond were found with a trunking scanner filled with our trunking data, Talkgroups, ID's, etc, it was luck that the Met Robbery Squad were using encrypted radios.. I had a visit from a couple of guys in blue suites over this :sad:

Mike
I had a visit from a couple of guys in grey suites, they were not very nice ! Talking about "perverting the course of justice" etc.
The best deal we can do ourselves in this & Paul's old group is to only do PM's & only to person you know well enough.
Admin, now needs to do a clear statement to reflect this.
It's all in our own interests to play the game but enjoy the hobby.
Whistler TRX-2 BCD396T BCT15X CS-701 Plessey Vixen WinRadio G315 + other various old tat
redman99

Postby m0lsx » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:24 pm

The biggest issue is that the forum could be closed down, not because it has done anything wrong. But because others have posted things that sad little men nothing better to do dislike.
Posting certain things only in the Advanced members area, would stop it appearing in any google searches & stop the biggest issue.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Metradio » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:29 pm

redman99 wrote:... I had a visit from a couple of guys in grey suites, they were not very nice ! Talking about "perverting the course of justice" etc...

IIRC the lot that visited me went on about "Inciting others to commit an offence"...

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT.
Metradio

Postby m0lsx » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:04 am

Metradio wrote: IIRC the lot that visited me went on about "Inciting others to commit an offence"...

Mike

Sounds like the typical we have nothing against you, so we will bully you & apply as much pressure as we can approach.
I have had a few visits for various radio bits & if they do have something, then in general they seem to turn up armed with a search warrant & leave the talking, until they have you at the station. But the whole knock on the door bit is not nice & it's why I have no time for the I'm a pirate idiots who use nothing more than CB. It's all about ego.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby AndrewIrvine » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:13 pm

m0lsx wrote:The biggest issue is that the forum could be closed down, not because it has done anything wrong. But because others have posted things that sad little men nothing better to do dislike.
Posting certain things only in the Advanced members area, would stop it appearing in any google searches & stop the biggest issue.

I'm not an Advanced Member, I've never posted talk groups, I do belong to a group that does allow it. I've been in that group since 2003. I got grief for posting stuff in the Runcorn / Widnes / Warrington thread that I created, but not in the Ayrshire one, which I also created with similar details. I was told by backseat admin not to put in all details of frequencies, yet an admin posted stuff of mine with all details I was told not to, 9 months before I found this site, but that was ok.

I sent a message to an admin, it has been read, but not replied to.

Right now, the Scarecrow in 'The Wizard of Oz' made more sense than some people here......
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, BCT15X
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby bigboyblue » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:15 pm

I run a radio hire business.

My systems are secure. because I invest time and money into getting the settings right.

Most of the digital systems out there are unsecured simply because of installer laziness.

If they sell the system as 'secure' to the client, and its not got ras, encryption etc on, then its the radio suppliers fault.

I have put info on here, and will continue to do so, until an actual admin says 'whoa there, please stop'.

A couple of years ago, it took some time to get freq, colour codes, and group codes. now, its no more than 30 seconds with one of the new cheapo digital radios.

There is no point in hiding the group codes.
bigboyblue

Next

Return to General Discussion