OFCOM finally sorted my licences

Talk about radio and non radio stuff in here, a place for Genral Chit Chat

OFCOM finally sorted my licences

Postby G4RMT » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:18 pm

I didn't get a renewal for my technically assigned licence last year and it lapsed. The WTR was working then, and one day, my little antenna symbol vanished. I had to apply in October for it all over again, and today actually got it back - after talking to them on the phone. Their system was sending emails but I wasn't getting them, and they also discovered I was on the system twice with two sets of different licences, and today they merged them. I now have two running hire licences - BOTH paid for 5 yrs, but last year I renewed one because it too had vanished, but they found it under another Paul Johnson - so I've effectively paid twice. I have a current marine licence and callsign and electronic ID and as a result of merging the two accounts I got a modified ham licence document, although I have no idea what has changed. At least when I log in now I can see everything in one place, and now marine, ham and business radio is all on one database. Took a while, but it's done.
G4RMT

Re: OFCOM finally sorted my licences

Postby m0lsx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Congratulations. Good to hear it's all sorted.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=017721449704518888595:wswa65nq4ww
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby G4RMT » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:40 am

It did waste £75 of course on renewing my hire licence when this actually was still current on the other 'me' - but at least all the things I do are now current again - although I lost one of the clients, as when the repeater had to be switched off, he managed to get by with cellphones, so that's a nice little and quite long lasting income stream gone.

I have subsequently discovered it's not even OFCOMs fault I didn't get the renewal notice - My Mac has a junk mail filter, but my BT account filters it first and that was where the mails got stopped!
G4RMT

Postby mark99 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Held a G4 in the 80's became bored and never used it since.
mark99

Postby G4RMT » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:42 pm

That's how I got my old callsign back after years and years - I was processing an application for extra radio mic frequencies for an event, and there was a view my licences button - and when I clicked on it - there was my old G4 - marked 'surrendered' - I guess I just didn't pay. I asked what to do about out and they said to send the original paperwork, the Amateur Radio Certificate we were all given back then, plus the Morse test note - which I actually found and they gave it me back. Since then I've had probably half a dozen chats with people, but usually get ticked off for some transgression of modern ham etiquette - but it could be useful at some point.
G4RMT

Return to General Discussion