NEXEDGE QUERY

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

NEXEDGE QUERY

Postby SPONG » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi,
Just getting back into radio things again after a bit of a rest. I have been delving into the new digital scene and have a query regarding the decoding using DSD+
When the network ident pops up it is preceded by a letter usually L which i think means local ? Tonight i have seen R for first time , are there any other letters and what are their definitions ?
Any gen much appreciated.
Alan
SPONG

Re: NEXEDGE QUERY

Postby SPONG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:13 am

Further to my last posting, has anyone tied up channel numbers to any frequencies within the system Y These would be handy in establishing operating area of mobiles and bases.

Alan
SPONG

Postby Minus1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 am

You don't make it clear what you are talking about.
Business radio?
Amateur radio?
What is "System Y"?
What frequencies do you have if any?
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby SPONG » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi Minus,
Y was a typo. When DSD+ is showing info in the event menu it shows a network/site ident which is prefixed by a capital letter. I have seen L and R (Local for small sites; R for Regional- large sites) Are there any more of these prefixes ? and as i am listening to PMR data have any of the channel numbers on this National net been tied up to any of the frequencies? There are 9 tx sites and 20 fixed channels in this net which in my case is on the Millington Tx controller on 165.77185.All TX sites are linked.
Alan
SPONG

Return to DMR & Digital Modes