DSD For Windows Basic Setup - Easy Instructions Noobs Guide

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Re: DSD For Windows Basic Setup - Easy Instructions 1.6

Postby SilverShadow » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:39 am

I think each transmission varies a bit so my equals are always up and down (varying) too. Although the odd one or two lines may show no equal signs I've never managed to get it decode with out at least a few of them appearing on every VOICE line of Data.
SilverShadow
Site Admin

DSD 1.6 For Windows Basic Setup - Easy Instructions Noobs Gu

Postby SilverShadow » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Hopefully there will be a new version of DSD for Windows available soon as dsdauthor is back on the scene after a couple of years absence, he originally wrote the code and others ported it to Windows but it looks like the project is back on full steam again :P
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Re: DSD For Windows Basic Setup - Easy Instructions Noobs Gu

Postby sammy3417 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 pm

I have tried everything to get this working, still nothing! :) One question....does DSD have problems working on 64bit editions of Windows ?
sammy3417

Postby SilverShadow » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate with a 64 bit operating system, I did have problems at first though but got there in the end.
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby sammy3417 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi,

I've done a video showing the problems I am getting with DSD

its inverted at the start (garbled) then I use the switch -fr and just get data going down the screen :)

Any more suggestions ?

Last edited by sammy3417 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy3417

Postby SilverShadow » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Hmm, it does look like it may be a tap problem as you suspected, it looks like mine did when I had it connected by the 3.5 out plug before I went ahead and did the disc mod. It's decoding by the looks of it but just not enough to get audible VOICE.

This is usually down to one reason with two probable causes...

The reason I think is because it's not getting enough of the raw data, caused by either a bad tap (or no tap at all, just the earphone or mic out) or because the signal is too weak, it doesn't seem like it's because of a weak signal as your signal sounds strong.

Also, sorry for pointing out what you most likely have tried, but have you tried adjusting the line in levels to get those '=' signs down, as you adjust it the inlvl % should change?
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby sammy3417 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:09 pm

tried all the line in sound settings mate...nothing... Dont suppose you know of anyone that would fit a tap on my usc230? I'll pay of course :)
sammy3417

Postby SilverShadow » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm a bit far from you and so is Tony but I'll ask about, I'll also see what I can find out about the actual mod, if it's simple and your willing to pay then you may be able to get a local electrician or local shop that could do it cheaply if it's simple, I'll see what I can do and find out...
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby sammy3417 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks mate
sammy3417

Postby sammy3417 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 am

Hi all,

Thought I would share my findings on why I couldn’t get DSD working with my UBC3300XLT!
I sent my UBC330XLT away last year to a nice man called John, after a few email correspondences via email with John he told me he could fit a tap to my scanner for a small fee! Now in no way I am I complaining about this nice guy as he did do me this favour and I appreciate that, but he must have fitted the wrong kind of tap to my scanner. I got the scanner back and I couldn’t seem to get it going via DSD!! I tried everything, from messing with my audio, to trying different computers and in doing this all I seemed to get was a garbled sound constantly. I tried using the polarity switches via DSD you name it I did it. Well tonight I had a good find on this, once again I was up in my room messing about with my scanners and I just decided to try and hook my PRO 164 scanner (no tap fitted) and Boom!! Data stated scrolling down the screen, and some sort of distorted voice! I thought that this was a tad weird as no tap is fitted! I then unhooked the Pro 164 and tried this on my UBC9000XLT!! Nothing no data, no garbled voice…nothing.. I hooked the 164 back up with DSD and DMR decoder and I was getting synced voice messages on DMR decode… weird. I had none of this with the 3300XLT and tap (no voice synced messages) I am now putting this down to a bad tap on the 3300XLT, one thing I am not sure on is my 3300 came back with a cable provided by john that has a headphone out and a discriminator out lead that I plug into my 3300 headphone in socket…what use is this? Any help on this head wrecking subject would be appreciated
sammy3417

PreviousNext

Return to DMR & Digital Modes