Kirisun DM680 - dPMR - possible problem

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Kirisun DM680 - dPMR - possible problem

Postby G4RMT » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I've got some DM680 dPMR sets - really nice, well specified and not that expensive mobiles. However, if you are thinking of buying one, hold on for a while.

Communicates perfectly well with the other dPMR equipment I have of different makes, but programming is a problem.

The supplier provided the latest version of the Kirisun software - but the radio responds to a download request with a strange message - indicating the model number is an FM440, not a DM680, and as that radio is not in the list of radios it can programme - that is that. The suppliers have no idea what an FM440 is, and neither do Kirisun. The DM680 is a Chinese domestic product according to Kirisun, but has an English menu. At the moment they are having trouble working out a solution. I was going to say how good the unit is but until I solve the problem it's a useful as a house brick as all the channels in it are unsuitable.
G4RMT

Re: Kirisun DM680 - dPMR - possible problem

Postby G4RMT » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:01 pm

Update
After many emails back and forth I get an email asking me for images of the software and the error message.

Then in response (which isn't bad I guess on a Sunday) they say

So the software thinks the DM680 is an FM440?

This is exactly what I'd said in the very first email.

Maybe, just maybe, they now understand.

I put the first email into Google translate, and then translated the Chinese back to English - maybe this is the problem?

I can not plan my DM680. Software recognizes it as a FM440, wireless , because it is not in the drop-down list can not be programmed . Thanks Paul
G4RMT

Re: Kirisun DM680 - dPMR - possible problem

Postby G4RMT » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:03 am

Kirisun sent me a different piece of software - this programmes the FM440, that my radio thinks it is - and it works fine. For anyone else, the only snag seems to be that the advanced (or perhaps now normal) features in the DM680, cannot be accessed. So while the other dPMR radios I have have things like colour groups - setting these mean the Kirisun radios can't decode them. Setting the other radios to none, rather than the group seems to make them all talk to each other. The other usual labelling and numbering systems seems to work. The alarm button on the Anysecu radios also sets off the alarm on the MD680 - which could be a useful feature for a couple of my regular clients. Not tried encryption setting yet.
G4RMT

Return to DMR & Digital Modes