Uniden UBC-3600XLT Scanner DMR

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Re: Uniden UBC-3600XLT Scanner DMR

Postby moj » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:14 pm

I also agree with mike , the display on the uniden shows more info and is easier to read ..
moj

Postby jimh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I own both the TRX1 and a BCD436HP. That in itself tells you something......as Mike has already said, the ideal is actually a hybrid of the two.
IMHO, if you think you will use the receiver just to scan known channels, I'd go for the Whistler. But if you think you'll need to use it to search a lot for new channels, then go for the Uniden. I actually do more of the latter, so favour the Uniden. Ironically, I'm often hunting for NXDN signals, so rely on the Uniden to find them and the Whistler - once programmed up - to scan them. If Uniden add NXDN to the x36HP range, then I'll likely be parking up the TRX1 for a while. As stated earlier, I think it depends a lot on what you will use your scanner for, and what the analogue/digital environment you will use it in looks like.
jimh

Postby jimh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 pm

moj wrote:Restricted Access System , supposed to stop listening with radios etc but obviously somehow scanners have bypassed this function mate ;)

Actually I think the main purpose of RAS is to stop unauthorised access to the operators radio repeater system from other transceivers (hence the use of the term Access). It's really an integrity feature, but with some confidentiality benefits, albeit that it does stop many other transceivers (but not scanners) listening in. Adding encryption is way to achieve confidentiality.
jimh

Previous

Return to DMR & Digital Modes