Re wintelive and tetra decoding help !

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Re: Re wintelive and tetra decoding help !

Postby milly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:20 pm

moj wrote:One more thing I noticed was if you do your control alt and detete and get to your taskmanager page you will see bash running and socat command and even tetra rx etc , before rebooting the pc I end us those tasks one by one so when you restart or restart the processes all traces have gone so its ready to type the scripts again eurofoz and glad your getting somewhere now cause its def a learning curve ;)

You shouldn't have those things running when you've quit...his written instructions don't remind you that you need to kill each process (using control-c) before you exit msys though.

I deliberately suggested a reboot rather than to use task manager.

The reboot will kill all of the processes associated with the running of 'wintelive' and they won't restart until you deliberately start the programs again.

Task manager is not on the windows start menu for good reason. It should only be used by people who know what they are doing.
milly

Postby eurofoz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:48 pm

The reboot seems to have cleared the "duplicate session" problem, but still no activity with hte MSYS2 shell,

The green bar appears along the bottom but is still not showing the receivers but shows the following_-

[Tetra] 0:bash* "~" 14:27 02-mar-17
eurofoz

Postby milly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:03 pm

eurofoz wrote:The reboot seems to have cleared the "duplicate session" problem, but still no activity with hte MSYS2 shell,

The green bar appears along thte bottom but still not showing the receivers as follows_-

[Tetra] 0:bash* "~" 14:27 02-mar-17

When you extracted the files from the archive you did copy the files from within msys_root into your msys directory and not copy the actual msys_root directory into there?

muxrec should start receiver 1 even if you don't type a number. on yours it hasn't started any
milly

Postby eurofoz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:32 pm

In msys_root I opened usr ,then bin,I then copied the 4 things that appeard into MSYS2

msys-osmocore-4.dll
muxrec
receiver1udp
tetra-rx
Last edited by eurofoz on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurofoz

Postby milly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:33 pm

eurofoz wrote:In msys_root I opened usr ,then bin,I then coppied the 4 things that appeard into MSYS2

msys-osmocore-4.dll
muxrec
receiver1udp
tetra-rx

into the ..\usr\bin\ directory?
milly

Postby eurofoz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:40 pm

I right clicked on MSYS2 opened it and pasted the above together with what what was already present
eurofoz

Postby milly » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:52 pm

eurofoz wrote:I right clicked on MSYS2 opened it and pasted the above together with what what was already present

Those four files should be in the ..\msys64\usr\bin directory

(which is why those sub-directories are in the archive)

However, I've no idea if that is the cause of the problem and without installing the software I can't test it.
milly

Postby eurofoz » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:53 pm

OK thanks
eurofoz

Postby eurofoz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Got there at last! after re installing MSYS 2 It will now open and connect to 10 receivers as shown in the green bar along the bottom of the shell, it is extremely slow to start up and connect though .I am finding the whole setup tempremental ,for example sometimes on starting GRC the project will simply not load even though I have made no changes since using it the previous time it was ok,

Thanks again to milly and moj for their help.
eurofoz

Postby milly » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Excellent!

I'd suggest you make a new grc file using that one as template.

Carefully delete four of the receiver chains. Then edit the variables that refer to ten receivers (double click on the boxes and edit). When done File > Save As and save the grc with a new name.
To cut down a little more of the processor loading you can delete the FFT block (wxgui_fftsink2_0) if necessary (either before you execute the project or permanently). It is only there as a visual clue that your dongle is functioning.

Fewer receivers/audio streams will give your processor a better chance.
milly

PreviousNext

Return to DMR & Digital Modes