UBCD3600 DMR help

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Re: UBCD3600 DMR help

Postby Minus1 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:41 am

ID searching tells you the ID number of each radio.
This allows you to label intersting ones with the user if you wish.
The fundamental problem with most systems is that part from the control room (which tends to use a fixed radio), handheld radios are held in a pool rather than allocated to specific people. So if you do label one, you can find someone else using that radio tomorrow. :rolleyes:
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby Metradio » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:54 am

scalp99 wrote:... I'm still puzzled as to what all these signals are that are not producing any audio. I must have found almost 20 frequencies that are either not being decoded or are using some other type of anti listening system. I've seen RAS mentioned elsewhere - would this be responsible?.

Not all radio signals are voice, some DMR ones are just sending data, the 3600 will remain silent when receiving these..
Restricted Access To System (RAS) is to prevent unauthorised radio transmitters from accessing a repeater, digital scanners ignore this feature and allow reception of the repeater..
The only digital anti listening system is encryption, which can be heard and sounds like klingon..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT.
Metradio

Postby scalp99 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:34 am

Minus1 wrote:ID searching tells you the ID number of each radio.
This allows you to label intersting ones with the user if you wish.
The fundamental problem with most systems is that part from the control room (which tends to use a fixed radio), handheld radios are held in a pool rather than allocated to specific people. So if you do label one, you can find someone else using that radio tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Thanks - looks like I was trying to use it on the wrong system but it all seems to be working now!

Metradio wrote:Not all radio signals are voice, some DMR ones are just sending data, the 3600 will remain silent when receiving these..

Thanks - I think I finally understand what's happening! I did some investigating today watching the security patrols and it seems that they are only transmitting on slot 2 (using TG2) and not alternating with slot 1 as I initially thought, which is used infrequently by TG1 and presumably data bursts which I had been assuming were more voice transmissions. Glad that's sorted!

One more thing, mainly out of curiosity. There are a small number of frequencies that seem to be constantly transmitting (like a control channel) but with no information or DMR type displayed. Listening to these channels there are occasional voice transmissions maybe every 10-30 mins, however even when they transmit no DMR info appears and the TG and User ID display show 0. The only way to program these is as a trunked system and use ID search, however I'm not sure that will detect it as the TG would be 0. I'm not really bothered as the frequencies are really quiet and didn't seem particularly interesting!
scalp99

Previous

Return to DMR & Digital Modes