UVB5

Everything Ham Radio in here, Frequencies, Equipment, Repairs, Mods, Licensing and More

UVB5

Postby boombox » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi!

So I've got some of these UVB5 radios. Have had success with them, with the following caveats/questions.

1) Tried using CHIRP to program them and got the error "Radio NAK'd at block address 0x0f10" which is supposed to be ignorable but in practice it disabled TX wholly and totally.
2) So I went over to the Baofeng software which got the job done but isn't as feature rich and also nowhere near as understandable. For example what does the DTR setting do? The Chinese help just says it enables DTR!
3) Wondering about the ability of the radio to display "caller ID" between them using ANI...is it possible?
4) Wondering with dual monitor, is it possible for the radio to set TX to the frequency on which it most recently received a signal?

Thanks!!
boombox

Re: UVB5

Postby Chris P » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:13 am

boombox wrote:Hi!

So I've got some of these UVB5 radios. Have had success with them, with the following caveats/questions.

1) Tried using CHIRP to program them and got the error "Radio NAK'd at block address 0x0f10" which is supposed to be ignorable but in practice it disabled TX wholly and totally.
2) So I went over to the Baofeng software which got the job done but isn't as feature rich and also nowhere near as understandable. For example what does the DTR setting do? The Chinese help just says it enables DTR!
3) Wondering about the ability of the radio to display "caller ID" between them using ANI...is it possible?
4) Wondering with dual monitor, is it possible for the radio to set TX to the frequency on which it most recently received a signal?

Thanks!!

Re item 2 do you mean TDR rather than DTR as TDR enables the dual watch function
Regards Chris aka G8FFF nipper or tazmin88
Chris P

Postby boombox » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:52 am

Chris P wrote:
boombox wrote:2) So I went over to the Baofeng software which got the job done but isn't as feature rich and also nowhere near as understandable. For example what does the DTR setting do? The Chinese help just says it enables DTR!

Re item 2 do you mean TDR rather than DTR as TDR enables the dual watch function

Thanks for your reply. I don't, but Baofeng might!
boombox

Postby sv1000spilot » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Did you download the memory from the radio before you tried to program it?

I've found from experience that I needed to download the memory, save it and then once changes made upload it again for the first run, after that I can just make any changes then upload.
sv1000spilot

Return to Amateur Radio