HELP PLEASE - Yaesu FT60e

Everything Ham Radio in here, Frequencies, Equipment, Repairs, Mods, Licensing and More

HELP PLEASE - Yaesu FT60e

Postby m3bsf » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:47 am

JUST bought a Yaesu FT60e H/H, now need the Disc/Software for programing don't really want to spend £20, someone a while ago mentioned where it was available for about £10, help or ideas welcomed?
m3bsf

Re: HELP PLEASE

Postby G4RMT » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:24 am

G4RMT

Postby m3bsf » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:00 am

ALL ready to go now but can anyone tell me what the disc is for that comes with program cable ?
m3bsf

Postby Chris P » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:59 am

Probably a driver for the usb programming cable, you may not need it as the default drivers may work
Regards Chris aka G8FFF nipper or tazmin88
Chris P

Postby m3bsf » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:43 pm

Thanks Chris
m3bsf

Re: HELP PLEASE - Yaesu FT60e

Postby Alfie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:49 pm

They are easy to control all the functions from the keypad though once you get used to it :mrcool:
Alfie

Postby m3bsf » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:27 am

Sorry Guys for being a PAIN, I bought "g4hfq" program to help me input frequencies etc and also tried "CHIRP" but I cant get them to work, I find the Ops manual difficult to understand, I have even tried to contact Hams in my area but had no replies from my emails [YET], is there anyone able to show me/tell me in simple words how to at least program some Repeaters into my FT60, I'm getting on a bit and the old memory isn't so good ANY HELP you could provide would be very much appreciated.
m3bsf

Postby G4RMT » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:48 am

You're not being a pain - but just not really giving us the information we need to assist. You got the software. When you say you can't get them to work - this makes me wonder why? If you have the correct USB cable, then the most obvious thing is simply the computer hasn't go the right driver. How are your computer skills? If you google for UB serial cable problems, you will discover that windows is rather finicky with some of the older and often non-genuine chips in these gizmos and you have to do a few things to get them to work. It's well known,and plenty of explanations on the net.

The FT60 is a little bit confusing. I assume you've worked out what the basic finctions are?

Bottom left - the v/w button switches between VFO (tuning on the knob) or memory. You need to be in VFO mode, and tune to your repeater. function (the F/W button) then RPT. this gives you off-repeat - or repeat + select and press f/w again. if you are on UHF, then pressing the ptt sticks in the correct 1.6mhz shift - try it, the display changes. next f/w then sql typ. select tsql or tone. one just uses a tone on transmit, the other a tone on tx and rx. again, f/w. the display now shows a T and the +. now f/w then code. you now enter the tone frequency for your repeater (which if you google the repeater callsign will be easy to find). lets say it's 74.4Hz - dial the knob and set that tone frequency. again press f/w. you can now access the repeater. press and hold the f/w and the display shows you the next available memory slot. press f/w again and that is in the memory, and pressing v/m switches to the memory channels. you can enter a name just before stickiung it in memory, but that's fiddly and much easier doing it by the software, but you can enter a name, letter by letter.

That is what i just did with mine on the desk, button by button. That's a simple as it gets, I'm afraid.
Paul
G4RMT

Return to Amateur Radio