Uniden 15x

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Re: Help Please Uniden 15X

Postby Shambles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Steve, It seems to be locked on Select System.

Colin
Shambles

Postby maylandmanta » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:05 pm

As I said I have not got this particular scanner so I may be wrong in what I told you as that was for the ubc800 but if all else fails I would try a reset . However be aware you will loose everything you have programed in previously and return the scanner to its default settings.

Scanner Reset to initialize the scanner's memory, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on (remember the game called Twister?). The scanner will give you the option 'Restore Preprogram List? "Yes"=E/No="."', if you press 'E/Yes', the scanner reloads the preprogrammed systems.

Important! This deletes all programmed data.

Taken from http://marksscanners.com/bct15x/bct15x.shtml

sorry I cant help any further

Steve
maylandmanta

Postby Shambles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Just a quick word Steve,what's the 800 like,I have only had this one about a month,but just cannot get on with it,had scanners about 10 years ago nothing like this,what annoys me is it don't come with any instructions

Colin
Shambles

Postby Minus1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Well why didn't you say that in the first place?
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCT15X

or try this alternative version:
http://marksscanners.com/bct15x/bct15x.shtml
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby maylandmanta » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am

Have had no problems using the 800 however I don't program it manually . Like most scanners now it is easier to program via the computer . If you get a computer lead for the 15x and download a program called BcTool+ (its free) you will find it a lot easier to use . Another good program is ProScan but this is about £30 from memory.You may already have the lead as they usually come with the scanner, but if not see this link for ebay :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uniden-Bearca ... 100623.m-1

Download the manual as per the previous links given by Minus1 (I prefer the one from Marks Scanners)
hope you get it sorted

Steve
maylandmanta

Postby biggles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:24 pm

I have a 15x, the marksscanners website is a BIG help in using it. It's actually a very powerful scanner but it doesn't work like most scanners. First you need to create systems, for instance, I have created three systems called CIVIL AIR, MILITARY AIR & TACTICAL AIR. Within those systems I have numerous groups, in CIVIL AIR I have groups called SWANWICK, AIRFIELDS, EAST MIDLANDS for example, only when you've created groups can you then store individual frequencies within those groups and at each level you can create a 16 character name.

I have entered hundreds of frequencies with names manually, took a few hours in total but now it's set up for the foreseeable future. You really need to look at the marksscanners website to learn how to do everything for yourself. Once it's programmed with everything you want it's very easy to initiate scanning and include or exclude systems and/or groups 'on the fly'. Make sure you press the 'POL' and 'HP' buttons until their icons disappear on the screen - they are useless to us in the UK.

Press 'menu' to get started in creating systems and use the large scroll button to go through the menu system. Hope this helps!
biggles

Postby pnoelw » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

You could also try using the software approach to programme frequencies. I use Butel's ARC-XT Pro - there is a licensing cost but in my mind well worth it. There are also freeware packages such as FreeScan http://www.sixspotsoftware.com/products/freescan which has had good reviews. You will need the USB-1 cable which you'll probably have to order from the US.
Noel.
pnoelw

Uniden 15x

Postby Shambles » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:20 pm

Does this this scan all groups when its in scan mode as I've got loads of of frequencies programmed in,but it only seems to scan the civil aircraft ones
Shambles

Re: Uniden 15x

Postby M0LFO » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 pm

It should do, unless they're locked out in some way. The thing is so complicated I can't even ask you to look at the display and tell me what it says, because you might be in a different display mode.

Check if you have any groups locked out. This can be as simple as pressing 0-9 on the keypad while in scan/search mode to toggle the lockout of that group ID (which is programmable).

If you program it via a PC, that makes Uniden life infinitely easier.
Steve, M0LFO
M0LFO

Re: Uniden 15x

Postby M0LFO » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:08 am

Did you get this sorted?
Steve, M0LFO
M0LFO

PreviousNext

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat