Shoplifters now on 462.625 Nottingham city....!

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Shoplifters now on 462.625 Nottingham city....!

Postby Davie Boy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Shoplifters are now as I type using 462.625 in Nottingham city center.... and I dont mean shopwatch I mean actual shoplifters...!

Fairly young voices a male and a female.... when they first started talking he was repeatedly asking her if it was clear/safe and if theres anyone on the next Isle and is it clear....? she now just came over and said police have just walked past.... it sounds like she is outside and he is inside the shop and she is keeping "look out" ....this is a baofeng frequency so they are most likely using them.... he coming out now "coming now walk to the coral bustop" ....? I am a local but dont know where the coral bustop is.... any ideas....?
Davie Boy

Re: Shoplifters now on 462.625 Nottingham city....!

Postby Davie Boy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:59 pm

I had no replies but a lot of views so I will give an update....

....The coral bust stop they meant is a busy set of bus stops outside Coral bookmakers.... I went mobile to try for an eyeball but they went quiet after the last tx and I imagine they got a bus out of town as they did have not local accents.... when I saw the bus stop it was easy for me to follow the trail.... there is a particular shop with seats outside where they were under a mins walk to the bus stop and the time fits in perfect.... and when you sit on them you can see the shop isles clearly.... the girl was watching and telling him when the isles were clear next to him.... when I look at the set up and match it to the transmissions I can see her partner could have the run of the shop and fill his bags of stash without fear of anyone even coming onto the isle as it was covered by his partner.... sneaky.... anyone else heard any similar criminals using them for jobs....?
Davie Boy

Postby Scan125 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 pm

I was going to reply but thought that common sense would have reported this to the police.

Suspicion of crimes to be, crimes in progress, crimes after the event should be reported to the police.

This could have been your shop, your house, your wife/girlfriend/car etc. being targeted an I guess (hope) you would have been pretty pissed off if an observer/detector did not report to the police/authorities.
Scan125

Postby Mark5R » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Not heard anything like that personally but would like to though I hear plenty of shoplifters getting caught on a regular basis. :laughs:

It reminds me of this historic case -

Hatton Garden jewellery heist busted by ham radio user viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3405
Whistler TRX-2 ~ Funcube Dongle Pro+
Baofeng UV-5R ~ Baofeng UV-3R+
GRE PSR-225 ~ Uniden Bearcat BCT-15X
Cobra 29LTD ~ Cobra MT115
Mark5R

Postby Davie Boy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Scan125 wrote:I was going to reply but thought that common sense would have reported this to the police.

Not at the time no and after it was too late.... I was suspicious and more so when the female said police had walked past him.... but I not being sure and did not even know where they were mate so what good is that....?

Scan125 wrote:Suspicion of crimes to be, crimes in progress, crimes after the event should be reported to the police.

I have rung them up when a crime is in progress.... a PCSO turned up the next day for a report long after the perps had gone.... that was a few years ago.... recently I rang them when I witnessed someone trying to break into my van.... I rang 999 but as I shouted at criminal and gave him a short chase and he had gone they told me to visit my local station to make a report.... no one would even look for him or put him on observations....? Why would they have bothered this time with a sketchy radio conversation...?

Scan125 wrote:This could have been your shop, your house, your wife/girlfriend/car etc. being targeted an I guess (hope) you would have been pretty pissed off if an observer/detector did not report to the police/authorities.

....See the reply to your quote above for the same answer on that one :wink:

Mark5R wrote:Hatton Garden jewellery heist busted by ham radio user viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3405

Yes I heard that one.... and related to Scan125 posts the following happened with him....

The Police also allegedly threatened to prosecute Rowlands for operating an unlicenced radio station as he was listening to unauthorised bands..

Hope you can understand why I did not ring old bill.... :mrcool:
Davie Boy

Postby Adrian_NR30 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 pm

As far as I can tell, 462.625 is one of the US General Mobile Radio Service frequencies, so using illegal imported radios.
Adrian_NR30

Postby Frequency Hopper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 pm

It is also Channel 6 on the ever popular (though not legal) Baofeng BF-888s

https://ukradioscanning.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=533
Frequency Hopper

Postby AndrewIrvine » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Davie Boy wrote:I had no replies but a lot of views so I will give an update....

....The coral bust stop they meant is a busy set of bus stops outside Coral bookmakers.... I went mobile to try for an eyeball but they went quiet after the last tx and I imagine they got a bus out of town as they did have not local accents.... when I saw the bus stop it was easy for me to follow the trail.... there is a particular shop with seats outside where they were under a mins walk to the bus stop and the time fits in perfect.... and when you sit on them you can see the shop isles clearly.... the girl was watching and telling him when the isles were clear next to him.... when I look at the set up and match it to the transmissions I can see her partner could have the run of the shop and fill his bags of stash without fear of anyone even coming onto the isle as it was covered by his partner.... sneaky.... anyone else heard any similar criminals using them for jobs....?

There are also several Coral Bookmakers in Nottingham with bus stops near them. I used Google maps.
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, BCT15X
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat