Bournemouth and Poole - taxis

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Bournemouth and Poole - taxis

Postby deiraq » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi. I went back over Christmas to Poole and Bournemouth for the first time in 25 years.
When I was younger and lived there all those years ago there were quite a few busy taxi circuits like Ariel, Streamline, Poole Radio Cabs, Bournemouth Radio Cabs, Warrens, all active on VHF 165 - 173 mhz.
I listened for a few days over Christmas but there appeared to be very little activity to be heard these days, especially not on voice analogue VHF.
I also learned that many of the former taxi circuits had been amalgamated (or been taken over) and that the main provider in both towns now appears to be PRC-Streamline, based in Poole.
Ariel Taxis seemed to be still about in Poole too (I drove for them at weekends thirty years ago).
Does anyone who lives in the area know the state of play please, frequencies and mode, digital or analogue, voice dispatch or data dispatch to cars?
Thanks for any help, either on today's frequencies or the story of how all the firms seemed to have amalgamated together.
Compliments of the season to all and very grateful for any info. (-:
deiraq

Re: Bournemouth and Poole - taxis

Postby Alfie » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:21 pm

ARIEL TAXIS - voice
167.525 MHz
172.325 MHz

ARIEL TAXIS - data
163.700 MHz
159.200 MHz
Alfie

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat