How to use BCT15X Group Quick Keys

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

How to use BCT15X Group Quick Keys

Postby Minus1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 am

The Uniden BCT15X has quick keys for groups.
Each system can have up to 20 groups.
Obviously, if you have more than 10 groups, you need to have more than one group controlled by some quick keys.

Uniden's implementation of group quick keys is confusing and unintuitive, and is not properly explained in the manual. It has taken me ages to get the procedure into my head, so I thought I'd share it with other users.

The manual says you have to press "FUNCTION" (that's the big silver knob) in order to toggle Group Quick Keys, but if you do it in the wrong way, pressing Function and a digit does something else. :rolleyes:

The trick (which the manual fails to explain) is to first engage system hold in the system in which you want to toggle group quick keys.

So whilst scanning:
- Wait for the relevant system to come round in the scan sequence, and HOLD on any channel in the relevant system.
- Hold down the HOLD button until you get a double beep, and "System Hold On" appears in the display.
- Use Function and a digit to toggle the groups in that system.
- To release System hold, hold down the HOLD button again, until "System hold off" appears.

To get to the system quickly rather than have to wait for it to come round in the scan sequence:
- HOLD on any channel.
- Key the required system's SYSTEM QUICK KEY, press DOT, and MENU.
- Hold down the HOLD key to get into System Hold as above.
- Use Function and a digit to toggle the groups in that system.
- To release System hold, hold down the HOLD button again, until "System hold off" appears.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat