Ofcom WTR Register Users

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Ofcom WTR Register Users

Postby Metradio » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Do you use the ofcom wtr website to confirm your frequencies ?

If you do then we have a new search tool (WTR BROWSER) which aides your future searches. Once you have searched a location it will store that mapping search and you can just edit the frequency and search again without having fill all the fields in and zoom the map in to your location. This makes quick work of finding frequencies, no saving as bookmarks and having alter the link to make it faster. This is a must for all scanner enthusiasts. This is a windows based software only and is Free of charge to use.

A Facebook group is up and running for those who might want to get some help or just see any updates Wayne releases.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wtrbrowser/

Also a video tutorial released by Stuart Jones which is very helpful.
https://youtu.be/yONv17K5KQE

The latest version is 1.8 and can be found here.
http://www.dropbox.com/sh/satgsb4p51a5k ... Uuppa?dl=0

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT.
Metradio

Re: Ofcom WTR Register Users

Postby Minus1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Very nice. Obvious that OFCOM have long given on the concept on enhancements. :thumbup:
All we need know is for some to automatically feed the entire WTR into the Radio Reference database… :shocker:
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby Metradio » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Trouble is a lot of the information is far out of date or non existant...

Mike
Metradio

Postby Alfie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:56 pm

With all respect i cannot see any practical use for this over using the wtr when you know how to use it props

And i was annoyed by all the useless text files downloaded onto my system. very pointless

Now if you could develop something that could list everything in a grid ref chosen search area that includes tech assigned, marine, simple light and simple site all together then that would be something VERY good but so far i cannot understand how this program helps using the wtr. instead it makes it more complicated rather than the other way around so i dont get it ???
Alfie

Postby melv7956 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:19 am

You can lead a horse to water...
melv7956

Postby marlbrook » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:41 am

Wayne, as I am sure do many others I appreciate the work you put in, and the results. You will know I am someone who could appreciate it, lol.

I also know it can hurt a bit when you spend so much time, in creating a program, and giving lots of support, as in eSPYonARD and Whistler-Q, and someone takes the time to be nasty, usually because they could not, or did not take the time to read the instructions (lol), or never really understood the thing before 'rubbishing' it.

Well done again
marlbrook

Postby m0lsx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:52 am

This is the WTR equivalent of putting a working vehicle onto a recovery truck. The original vehicle is perfectly OK & does the job just fine. But the recovery truck does the work of getting a perfectly capable vehicle from A to B now.
Nothing new is added. Nothing is gained.
A recovery truck, adds a second vehicle to the journey & uses more fuel. This browser adds a second & more memory eating system to the job of looking at the WTR.
The problems with the WTR is that the data is often old & out of date. Not that it does not search well.

As for

Don't worry as Scott Adams once said...,
“Always remember that as long as other people are gullible, there's no limit to what you can achieve. ”
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Metradio » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:41 pm

I take it you want your money back ?

Mike
Metradio

Postby Waynewtr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Good evening Alfie, my name is Wayne and I am the author of wtr browser. Firstly let me apologise for putting useless files on your computer, those files are their to aid people on using the program and not to annoy people. If you care to read and learn on how to use the wtr browser before rubbishing it. You will find it much quicker than your normal search method. Yes ok you have to do your first initial search to create your link, but then you never have to do it ever again for that location. If 1mb of spaces annoys you then i'm afraid nobody is going to please you.

If you want to join the wtr browser group on facebook, im sure one of the members will teach you how to use it correctly.

Regards Wayne

Alfie wrote:With all respect i cannot see any practical use for this over using the wtr when you know how to use it props

And i was annoyed by all the useless text files downloaded onto my system. very pointless

Now if you could develop something that could list everything in a grid ref chosen search area that includes tech assigned, marine, simple light and simple site all together then that would be something VERY good but so far i cannot understand how this program helps using the wtr. instead it makes it more complicated rather than the other way around so i dont get it ???
Waynewtr

Postby Waynewtr » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Evening, firstly the wtr browser doesn't eat your memory, your own internet explorer uses memory or your default browser which ever you use. The recovery truck does work your correct, but your failing to see this is faster than the recovery truck and doesn't cost any extra fuel as you claim. Once the link is created you never have to go through that rigmarole again. I can do at least 5 searches to your 1 and store every piece of information it creates. At the moment my folder size is currently 1mb for a lot of information, hardly a lot of space and 1.7mb of memory.
Things gained:
time: x5 faster than a manual search
storage of information: (effortless)
cost: free
memory: 1.7mb (nothing)

You obviously have too much time on your hands, good luck with your manual searching.

Regards Wayne

m0lsx wrote:This is the WTR equivalent of putting a working vehicle onto a recovery truck. The original vehicle is perfectly OK & does the job just fine. But the recovery truck does the work of getting a perfectly capable vehicle from A to B now.
Nothing new is added. Nothing is gained.
A recovery truck, adds a second vehicle to the journey & uses more fuel. This browser adds a second & more memory eating system to the job of looking at the WTR.
The problems with the WTR is that the data is often old & out of date. Not that it does not search well.

As for

Don't worry as Scott Adams once said...,
“Always remember that as long as other people are gullible, there's no limit to what you can achieve. ”
Waynewtr

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat