Leicestershire Frequencies

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Re: Leicestershire Frequencies

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:25 am

Mick Aitch wrote:
Nighthawk999 wrote:East Mids airport;Approach 126.1750/134.1750
East Mids tower;124.000

Stoughton Air/ground;122.1250
Bear in mind though that you'll only get one side of air traffic(planes to ground)unless you're close to the airport.

Hello Nighthawk999. I live fairly close (a mile or so in a straight line) to Stoughton Aerodrome... and pretty much under the approach to EMA. Never having used a scanner I've been thinking about buying a 125xlt to listen to the aircraft, although I might just cough up £50 or less on a used Realistic/Radio Shack job. Stoughton gets fairly busy at the weekends, particularly if the weather's good. Is there much to hear?

Cheers.

I can definitely recommend the 125,if only for the fact it picks up military aircraft too,also you can alpha tag names to freqs.
I don't listen to Stoughton etc much over the weekend,mainly Citywatch,but if you're that close,you should pick up what's happening there.
Nighthawk999

Postby Mick Aitch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Nighthawk999 wrote:I can definitely recommend the 125,if only for the fact it picks up military aircraft too,also you can alpha tag names to freqs.
I don't listen to Stoughton etc much over the weekend,mainly Citywatch,but if you're that close,you should pick up what's happening there.

Ta.
The Cosby Victory Show is on in a couple of weeks. I'll try to get a scanner in my hands in time for that.
Cheers.
Mostly SWling.
Realistic DX-394 + mods.
Tecsun PL310 ET
Tecsun PL880
Uniden UBC125XLT
Mick Aitch

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Quote from Biggles on here to a query of mine last year re Cosby Victory show;
"Last few years it's been 121.175 callsign 'victory radio'. Usually manage to intercept the car park stewards comms too using close call on the scanner."
Nighthawk999

Postby Mick Aitch » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Thanks, Nighthawk999. :thumbup:

I've ordered the UBC125XLT from Radioworld along with their R-881 Super Gainer antenna. The price looks OK and the kit should be with me in a few days. I'll post anything interesting that comes out of Stoughton as soon as I figure out how it all works. :smiles:
Mostly SWling.
Realistic DX-394 + mods.
Tecsun PL310 ET
Tecsun PL880
Uniden UBC125XLT
Mick Aitch

Postby Nighthawk999 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Nice one,it's a good bit of kit.I use the 881 aerial at home too.
Invest in some good rechargeable batteries from Argos etc,and a wall mounted charger.Experience has taught me that charging them in the scanner is basically a waste of time,so use the USB lead for powering the scanner at home.
Plenty of help on here(start a seperate thread under the Radio and scanning Chat section)on programming the 125.
Nighthawk999

Postby Nighthawk999 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:30 am

"What are you struggling with?

The most common problem is not hearing anything (or getting the "all channels locked out" message) when pressing Scan for the first time - it's an easily solved problem, you can only scan frequencies that have been stored in the memory. By adding some channels you'll find that scan works and you start receiving signals.

A very useful tool is Scan125, it's free and lets you control the 125XLT scanner and input frequencies by PC using the USB cable. You can download it from http://www.nick-bailey.co.uk/scan125/

There are multiple recent threads on this scanner, it's worth reading through them.."
alpha_india

This should get you started
Nighthawk999

Postby Mick Aitch » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks again. The Scan125 software looks as though it removes a lot of the mystery - and potential hard work. :laughs:

I've searched the Forum for all the info I can glean on the 125XLT and there's plenty to read. The thing is s popular that I think it would be a good idea for the Admin here to set up a sub-forum just for this scanner to help keep stuff together.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and I now await delivery.

Cheers.
Mostly SWling.
Realistic DX-394 + mods.
Tecsun PL310 ET
Tecsun PL880
Uniden UBC125XLT
Mick Aitch

Postby Nighthawk999 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Mick Aitch wrote:Thanks again. The Scan125 software looks as though it removes a lot of the mystery - and potential hard work. :laughs:

I've searched the Forum for all the info I can glean on the 125XLT and there's plenty to read. The thing is s popular that I think it would be a good idea for the Admin here to set up a sub-forum just for this scanner to help keep stuff together.

Anyway, thanks for all your help and I now await delivery.

Cheers.

You're welcome,if you get really stuck,send me a PM and I'll happily meet you in town for a coffee to show you how it all works.
Nighthawk999

Postby kilo bravo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:43 pm

I am looking for frequencies for Kenilworth, Can anyone help,
kilo bravo

Re:

Postby Nighthawk999 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:29 pm

kilo bravo wrote:I am looking for frequencies for Kenilworth, Can anyone help,

Hi,you'll get more replies if you start a seperate thread in English Frequencies,it'll just get lost in this one for Leicestershire.
Nighthawk999

PreviousNext

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat