Uniden 15x

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Uniden 15x

Postby Shambles » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:07 pm

Anyone tell me how to programme the frequencies in this scanner,got most of it sorted,but this is got me beat

Cheers
Shambles

Re: Uniden 15x

Postby Shambles » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:13 pm

On this radio how do you set the quick keys for the Groups
Shambles

Postby dosformat » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi there.

Use a free program called Freescan.

You can download it off the web. You can either use the supplied cable to control the scanner or use a serial cable on the back of the radio.

It can be computer controlled and it is super easy to program channels and settings in to the unit.

Regards

Dos
dosformat

Postby biggles » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Google 'marksscanners' for an easy to read, online guide to using the bct15x
biggles

Postby Minus1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:52 am

Shambles wrote:On this radio how do you set the quick keys for the Groups

Group Quick Keys are very poorly implemented on the 15X.
If you ever manage to figure it out, you'll forget it whenever you want to use it.

The function key has multiple uses in different contexts so it is easy for the wrong thing to happen.

The group quick keys only function when you are in the relevant system, so you have to be quick or wait until the scanner stops on a freq in that system.
Having turned the Quick key on/off it is then difficult to switch it back once the scanner moves on as you are no longer in the system.

The net result of this is that although I have Group Quick Keys set up, I tend not to use them because they are more hassle than they are worth.

It is easier to make use of the fact you can have multiple systems on the same Quick Key, and can fairly easily lockout systems by using
System Num Tag - DOT - MENU - FUNC - Lockout

For example I use System QK 66 for airports, but have systems 661,662,663,664,665,666,667,668,669 for different areas of the country so that i can lockout those areas I am not currently in, using the keyboard as a virtual map overlay of the country, so 1 is Scotland, 2 is North West, 3 is North East, 5 is Midlands, 7 is South West, etc.

It would have been far easier if Uniden had implemented 3 digit quick keys for systems. :rolleyes:

And easier still if the keyboard with 26 letters… :rolleyes:
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby SilverShadow » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:59 am

The video above might help you get to grips with the basic functions.

Direct link to video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQ1DK5q4Lw
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat