Help Please Uniden 15X

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Help Please Uniden 15X

Postby Shambles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Can anyone help please,been trying to add some frequencies this morning,some how the screen is saying NOTHING TO SCAN,I have now tried again to re-add some more frequencies but the screen is still showing NOTHING TO SCAN, can anyone help on this please
Shambles

Re: Help Please Uniden 15X

Postby maylandmanta » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:48 pm

I have the UBC800 and that is basically the same as the 15x and I think you have managed to lock out all your systems and or groups on the scanner . The following is for the 800 but I think its the same procedure for the 15x - Press menu and select program system by pressing the large function knob . Select a system by turning the knob and then push it to select . Now turn it again to select Edit system option and push again . Now turn again to select Set lockout and push knob in again . You will now have the options for locking and unlocking the system . Turn the knob to select unlock and press in again . Now press menu several times to scroll back through menus.

Steve
maylandmanta

Postby Shambles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:47 pm

Thank you so much Steve, will try later today and let you know how I get on.

Colin
Shambles

Postby Shambles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi Steve. Followed your procedure many times but it's not done the trick.

Colin
Shambles

Postby Shambles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Steve, It seems to be locked on Select System.

Colin
Shambles

Postby maylandmanta » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:05 pm

As I said I have not got this particular scanner so I may be wrong in what I told you as that was for the ubc800 but if all else fails I would try a reset . However be aware you will loose everything you have programed in previously and return the scanner to its default settings.

Scanner Reset to initialize the scanner's memory, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on (remember the game called Twister?). The scanner will give you the option 'Restore Preprogram List? "Yes"=E/No="."', if you press 'E/Yes', the scanner reloads the preprogrammed systems.

Important! This deletes all programmed data.

Taken from http://marksscanners.com/bct15x/bct15x.shtml

sorry I cant help any further

Steve
maylandmanta

Postby Shambles » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Just a quick word Steve,what's the 800 like,I have only had this one about a month,but just cannot get on with it,had scanners about 10 years ago nothing like this,what annoys me is it don't come with any instructions

Colin
Shambles

Postby Minus1 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Well why didn't you say that in the first place?
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCT15X

or try this alternative version:
http://marksscanners.com/bct15x/bct15x.shtml
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby maylandmanta » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:57 am

Have had no problems using the 800 however I don't program it manually . Like most scanners now it is easier to program via the computer . If you get a computer lead for the 15x and download a program called BcTool+ (its free) you will find it a lot easier to use . Another good program is ProScan but this is about £30 from memory.You may already have the lead as they usually come with the scanner, but if not see this link for ebay :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Uniden-Bearca ... 100623.m-1

Download the manual as per the previous links given by Minus1 (I prefer the one from Marks Scanners)
hope you get it sorted

Steve
maylandmanta

Postby biggles » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:24 pm

I have a 15x, the marksscanners website is a BIG help in using it. It's actually a very powerful scanner but it doesn't work like most scanners. First you need to create systems, for instance, I have created three systems called CIVIL AIR, MILITARY AIR & TACTICAL AIR. Within those systems I have numerous groups, in CIVIL AIR I have groups called SWANWICK, AIRFIELDS, EAST MIDLANDS for example, only when you've created groups can you then store individual frequencies within those groups and at each level you can create a 16 character name.

I have entered hundreds of frequencies with names manually, took a few hours in total but now it's set up for the foreseeable future. You really need to look at the marksscanners website to learn how to do everything for yourself. Once it's programmed with everything you want it's very easy to initiate scanning and include or exclude systems and/or groups 'on the fly'. Make sure you press the 'POL' and 'HP' buttons until their icons disappear on the screen - they are useless to us in the UK.

Press 'menu' to get started in creating systems and use the large scroll button to go through the menu system. Hope this helps!
biggles

Next

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat