Is it worth the investment

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Is it worth the investment

Postby Deefadog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:00 pm

Hi all
I have a 3500xlt which is working fine. I am considering upgrading to the 3600xlt, My question is, is there enough stuff out there on digital to warrant p/exing the 3500 for the 3600.

My interest is mainly air and mil air but still like to listen in on anything that's going on around me.
Your help or advise will be most welcome.

Chris
Deefadog

Re: Is it worth the investment

Postby thelad » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:18 pm

I had the same thought and i got an Md380 instead. What put me off was thinking what may happen when DMR users realise they can be heard by a cheap Md380 and then want the encryption activating!
thelad

Postby moj » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Great mind's thinkalike mate and all these facebook live video's of shopwatch and pubwatch and posting digital detail's public aren't helping matter's either , people just aren't thinking of the consequences once it all does encrypt .

Back to the analogue scanning days again ;)
moj

Postby Minus1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 am

Digital aside, the 3600XLT has enough memory capacity to store every single frequency in the VHF civil air band (760) AND the NATO military band (230-399.875 MHz less Glideslope And Airwave) - over 6000 channels .

That means you can label every frequency if you want.

Or you can group them by airbase, squadron, ATC site, ship, range, etc, etc ,etc.

P25 means you can receive USAF base comms (though some talk groups are encrypted).

Geotagging means that the scanner will automatically enable nearby frequencies when you move around.

Although it is much more effort to set up, in the long term it saves time reprogramming things whenever you relocate.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat