Unidentified 125xlt help

A place to talk about everything Radio and Scanning

Unidentified 125xlt help

Postby Southwales » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi, is it possible to have the delay time set to 5 seconds on every channel without having to do the setting on each individual channel every time. All this scrolling for settings and alpha tagging etc must surely take its toll on the scroll dial. Surely that ratchet effect on the scroll dial would soon wear it out.

Also dislike that there is just not one main menu for general settings, it gets confusing sometimes if changing a setting just effects that channel or frequency etc.

I have opted for band plan 1, is this the best option? I can not remember if the realistic scanners I had 20 years ago had some kind of band plan or if I used to change the steps manually.
Southwales

Re: Unidentified 125xlt help

Postby Minus1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:36 pm

You'd need some software to set all channels to 5s delay because this feature never occurred to Uniden designers.

Band plan 1 is best for the UK, but neither is perfect as the ability to set what step and mode you want for each band (and the band limits) did not occur to Uniden designers either.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby Southwales » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Minus1 wrote:You'd need some software to set all channels to 5s delay because this feature never occurred to Uniden designers.

Band plan 1 is best for the UK, but neither is perfect as the ability to set what step and mode you want for each band (and the band limits) did not occur to Uniden designers either.

Hi, would you have recommended a different scanner or is the 125xlt the best I would have got for £100 give or take £20.
Southwales

Postby m0lsx » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Southwales wrote: Hi, would you have recommended a different scanner or is the 125xlt the best I would have got for £100 give or take £20.

£ for £ the 125 is the best scanner on the market. There are certainly none better for less than twice the price.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=017721449704518888595:wswa65nq4ww
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Minus1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi, would you have recommended a different scanner or is the 125xlt the best I would have got for £100 give or take £20.

It's good value for money.

Just frustrating that useful features could have been added for little extra cost.
Like 1000 channels numbered 000 to 999 arranged in banks 0 to 9, instead of 500 channels numbered 1 to 500 arranged in banks 1 to 0!
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby Scan125 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:54 pm

You can try my *FREE* Scan125 Control Program.

You will still have to set channel by channel with a mouse click but only your mouse button and finger will get worn out :)

See my signature below for link.
Scan125

Postby Southwales » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

If only Baofeng made scanners, the uv5r is so much more straightforward everything in one menu, press menu and there are your 40 options in one place, if I had not wanted a scanner to cover air andcbird frequencies I would have stuck with the uv5r, it is slow at scanning but if like me you only had 35 frequencies stored it got through them in about 7 seconds, plus at least you could set delay in one hit for every channel.

Another thing I don't understand with the 125 is the scan close call hits option in the close call menu, to my understanding you can just turn that on and off why scanning by pressing the .clr key or have I got that wrong.

Will have a look at the scan 125 program, just wish there was a video showing how to install and use the software as I am not that good with computers.
Southwales

Postby Minus1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am

Southwales wrote:
Another thing I don't understand with the 125 is the scan close call hits option in the close call menu, to my understanding you can just turn that on and off why scanning by pressing the .clr key or have I got that wrong.

You have to use the menu under [Func] [Hold] to switch the [Scan Hits] option on or off.
Minus1

Postby Southwales » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:44 am

Minus1 wrote:
Southwales wrote:

You have to use the menu under [Func] [Hold] to switch the [Scan Hits] option on or off.

So when scanning what is the difference if you press (clr key) to stop it scanning the close call hits bank?
Southwales

Postby Minus1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Southwales wrote:So when scanning what is the difference if you press (clr key) to stop it scanning the close call hits bank?

Ah yes, so it does. I'd completely overlooked that. :mrgreeny:
Learn something every day…
Minus1

Return to Radio and Scanning Chat