Fake motorola radios (look like puxing) on ebay

Forum for CB, PMR, Ham, Business users, GMRS, Repeaters and all other TX Chat

Re: Fake motorola radios (look like puxing) on ebay

Postby JOHN IN YORK » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:04 am

Alan,surely you will remember the RadioShack DX440.That radio was also called the Matsui MR4099,Sangean ATS803 and Saisho SW5000.
Even a famous name such as Grundig,use rebadged Eton radios.
I have got a CRT 2FP handset,which is a rebadged Quansheng TG-UV2.
Some people would not touch an Austin Mini,but change the badge to Morris and they were happy.
I could approach a radio manufacturer,order 50,000 on condition that it was badged as the "Ether Communicator".I am now in business,no labour or production costs.

Regards,John.
JOHN IN YORK

Postby m0lsx » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:05 pm

JOHN IN YORK wrote:Alan,surely you will remember the RadioShack DX440.That radio was also called the Matsui MR4099,Sangean ATS803 and Saisho SW5000.
Even a famous name such as Grundig,use rebadged Eton radios.
I have got a CRT 2FP handset,which is a rebadged Quansheng TG-UV2.
Some people would not touch an Austin Mini,but change the badge to Morris and they were happy.
I could approach a radio manufacturer,order 50,000 on condition that it was badged as the "Ether Communicator".I am now in business,no labour or production costs.

Regards,John.

Yes, that is the point I was making.
However it is not normal for a company to take an old model of radio which is based on an even older model of their own radio & licence it under their own name.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Davie Boy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:55 pm

I have just noticed a pair of these on ebay for a very high £120.00.... I instantly recognised them as the Puxing PX777.... went to google to find out more and found this forum post on them.... there is also a post on RadioReference.com which also states they are fake.... and since the time of this post Motorola have no listing of them.... very clearly Puxing PX777's with a fake mock-up Moto badge.... :wink:

m0lsx wrote:I do not know if I will get a reply or not, but I have sent Motorola an email, saying I am a radio amateur & that we use PMR radios & that I do not want to buy fake radios..I sent them a link & will wait & see.

Did they get back to you....? From what I read of Moto they are fairly aggressive in their copyrights protection....
Davie Boy

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 pm

It's the same as the Chinese group - Retevis, Ailuance, TYT, Hytera and Baofeng.

Despite TYT and Hytera going to legal battle, they are all made on the same line - the legal battle was just an internal dispute.

They all come off the same production line and get rebadged - if you buy enough you can get whatever you want on the radio and manual.

Maybe Motorola have felt the pressure from the Chinese radio manufacturer (whoever their parent company is).
CW-2E0UCW

Postby G4RMT » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 pm

I ordered 6 moving head lights and they were happy to rebadge them with my business name which was a good thing because some error in translation made them think that Pink flower was a wonderful name for a moving head light!
G4RMT

Postby Alfie » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:28 am

The thing is though is that these are not motorola radios at all. they are just puxing radios and motorola has never made any in this shell/hardware etc. basically someone or by the looks of it a few people have bought lots of Puxing PX-777 radios and stuck a fake motorola badge on them and then mark the price up and sell them as Motorola MT-777.
Alfie

Previous

Return to The TX'ers Forum