CUBOT DT99 Walkie Talkie Dual Sim Mobile Phone Under £50

Forum for CB, PMR, Ham, Business users, GMRS, Repeaters and all other TX Chat

Re: CUBOT DT99 Walkie Talkie Dual Sim Mobile Phone Under £50

Postby lbrown14 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Lightspeed wrote:I have a pair of these on order.

Yes, shame that the walkie-talkie frequency is out of band, but I was looking for a ruggedized mobile, and the price is good, even with out the w/t functionality

When they get here I'll look at them thoroughly and will post a review.

Hi have you done a review on these yet? :walkietalkie:
lbrown14

cubot dt99

Postby lbrown14 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:00 am

Hi
does anyone know anything about the cubot dt99 phone with walkiet talkie, have been looking at them,
can someone help me?
lbrown14

Re: cubot dt99

Postby m0lsx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:30 am

I don't think most people would admit to using one especially as their IP address would be attached to that written admission as they are not legal to use in the UK.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby SilverShadow » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:29 am

Hi lbrown14, I've merged your post with the original CUBOT DT99 post to keep all the info together. :walkietalkie:
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Re: cubot dt99

Postby Alfie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:24 pm

m0lsx wrote:I don't think most people would admit to using one especially as their IP address would be attached to that written admission as they are not legal to use in the UK.

I dont see any ip adresses displayed with post info ? And i very much doubt anyone would be prosecuted or even caught for using one. and also its not an offence in the uk to buy a phone from a reputible place like ebay and use the walkie talkie function when you are unaware of the whole specs and laws. No offence meant as I do see what you mean though but i think on the scale of things the average joe would have no problems using this and its hard to resist the appeal of a very durable phone which does dual sim and a walkie talkie function :wink:
lbrown14 wrote:Hi have you done a review on these yet? :walkietalkie:

I second that request. There are some youtube videos showing the phone/radio but none showing it in proper operation or giving any reviews or details it would be good to know more :smiles:
Alfie

Postby thelad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:19 pm

The Mods and Admins of the Forum can view users IP address's and will have no choice if instructed to hand them over to the powers at be.
also E-bay have in the past been told to remove UK illegal radios by Ofcom.
thelad

Postby lbrown14 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi
I was hoping @Lightspeed could share some light on this as they said they would do a reveiw
lbrown14

Postby Alfie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:12 pm

thelad wrote:The Mods and Admins of the Forum can view users IP address's and will have no choice if instructed to hand them over to the powers at be.
also E-bay have in the past been told to remove UK illegal radios by Ofcom.

I dont have any worries but out of interest are there many requests for posters details from snoop type people ? Could admin comment on that ? I never thought about it before but we are all here snoops as we listen and spy in our own little way on people on radio so was wondering on the privacy policy here ? no offence meant as i love this forum and site and all that run and are involved in it its just my nosey nature :mrgreeny:
Alfie

Postby Alfie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:20 pm

m0lsx wrote:Being an airband the consequences of using these radios can be that a massive area is jammed...Plus being an airband Ofcom will not wait & see if the problem goes away, unless accidental they will prosecute...

Its not airband for sure its uhf but has been used for raf ground towers but is it still used for that ? as far as i know it is now unused in uk and the popular use is the chinese licence free band and not only these phones but a few other devices are sold to uk with these frequencies as a walkie talkie function. does the fact that the two radio side of these is low power and digital and also in a unused band make them kind of ok ?
Alfie

Postby Alfie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:29 pm

moj wrote:Hi Alfie !

I have the i355,s but there nothing like the cubot DT99 that your showing on here m8 and they only have the one sim card slot which works on the American iden network and like other ppl are saying theres nothing on the specs regarding what frequency these cubots are supposed to transmit on etc

Also the i355 work on digital frequency hopping principle so can't be picked up by scanners or closecall etc and more ideal for short range communication purposes.

good find tho if they have a good transmitting range ;)

Thank you moj and yes the frequency hopping side is appealing on security and the i355 were a good option but most seem to be second hand on ebay now. These cubot though are new in supply and more appealing for my workplace as short range fairly secure coms is the priority for base and also mobile phone and this puts them both in one package with both robustness and good price the problem is I cant find much in the way of reveiews and feedback about them and as they are newish and unknown i wanted to check they are not a cheap flash in the pan item.
Alfie

PreviousNext

Return to The TX'ers Forum