Midland 48 plus multi(Orange lcd display)

Forum for CB, PMR, Ham, Business users, GMRS, Repeaters and all other TX Chat

Midland 48 plus multi(Orange lcd display)

Postby steveo82 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Looking for anyone with experience of these in relation to it being stuck on the Italian frequencies. I have looked inside and can't see anything obvious like dry joints or any damage so now looking to reset back to factory state to see if the CPU is locked somehow. If you know how to do it and don't mind sharing please let me know.

Cheers

Steve
steveo82

Re: Midland 48 plus multi(Orange lcd display)

Postby maylandmanta » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:58 am

Have you tried the following :-

Product FAQ's - CB Radios, Vehicle / Midland Alan 48 Plus Multi

How do you change the Frequency Band to the UK band?

1 ... With the radio switched off, press and hold both the "AM/FM" and "SCAN" buttons whilst turning on the radio

2 ... After the radio switches on, let go of the held buttons (you have to take your fingers off the buttons as soon as you see all the segments in the display appear) - the current frequency band code will show on the display

3 ... Select the UK code by going up or down through the available codes with the channel knob

4 ... Press the "AM/FM" button to confirm and store the selected band code

If you go abroad, this is the procedure you should use to choose the apprpriate frequency band for where you are travelling.

Steve
maylandmanta

Re: Midland 48 plus multi(Orange lcd display)

Postby ajrm » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 am

Don't know if you have sorted this out yet, but I have the same radio and occasionally, when turning it on, I notice it has set itself to Italian despite me having it set to UK.
I have to go through the procedure to get it back on UK.
ajrm

Return to The TX'ers Forum