East Suffolk Military Frequencies.

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

East Suffolk Military Frequencies.

Postby ekcomania » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Does anyone have any frequency information for military aircraft flying in the Beccles/Lowestoft area please? Thanks in advance.
ekcomania

Re: East Suffolk Military Frequencies.

Postby G4RMT » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Do you mean the two Tornados from Marham (Voodoo 2 and 4)? One has cleared off North towards Scarborough and the other is back at Marham (or near it). Can't help with the comms - sorry.
G4RMT

Postby Minus1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:55 pm

Start with Swanik Mil East Initial Contact Freqs:
From there, with a bit of luck, you'll hear some more mentioned.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby USAFE501 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 am

Morning,
If you have a quick Google for Mil bases in your area then with the results use the SEARCH facility on the forum , I'm sure there will be stuff posted on here in the past.
I'm based at one of the 2 USAF bases not far from the East coast , a quick google brings up quite a few freqs- remember most of the Military Aircraft will the use the UHF Military band that not all scanners cover 225mhz-400mhz in am mode

Hope that helps

USAFE501 :thumbup:
USAFE501

Postby G4RMT » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:14 pm

In the far east, where we live, military traffic in terms of low level and airways stuff means we can hear stuff going in and out of Mildenhall. I believe the question was driven by a few minutes before his post, two fast jets decided to transit at quite low level in our area, as in shaking the windows! I'm guessing he heard the aircraft pass and wondered where they'd be chatting. I'd actually got my SDR running at the time, popped out the back and had a look - not a thing! The did appear on https://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html as MLAT contacts without a visible screen track, but the Lat/Long data was updating, and the pair both turned towards Marham, their base - but then one went off North, with the other vanishing 7 miles from Marham.

We lost Coltishall, and a few years back Bentwaters and Woodbridge - so Lakenheath, Mildenhall and Marham are the lowest military bases to the Suffolk/Norfolk east coast now - and the published frequencies for these work pretty well in general. Yesterday, none of these had the two aircraft that rattled the windows on.
G4RMT

Postby ekcomania » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated. G4RMT you are correct, I did hear those jets overhead. I now have a starting point for the military stuff and I am sure with a bit more research myself it should yield some results. I have just got back into the hobby after a few years absence and have bought a Uniden Bearcat UBC125XLT. I am quite pleased with it so far, seems to be a good piece of kit for not a lot of money.
ekcomania

Postby Minus1 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am

Indeed, the 125 is good value for money.
My one gripe is that Uniden only provided 500 channels, rather than 1000 and number them logically so bank 0 is 000 to 099, bank 1 is 100 to 199, etc; so you end up having to do constant mental arithmetic to work which bank each channel is in.
But that's American logic for you :rolleyes:
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Return to English Frequencies by Area