Runcorn / Widnes / Warrington

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Re: Runcorn / Widnes / Warrington

Postby stanogs68 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:48 pm

yes theres 2 one is the catering the others porters i think i have the hospital car park as well just waiting to confirm it then ill pm you got the bridge as well but i think you had that one
stanogs68

Postby milly » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:51 pm

stanogs68 wrote:yes theres 2 ......

Single frequency, single site, Capacity Plus system with at least three talkgroups utilising both timeslots.
milly

Postby m0lsx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Metradio wrote:Any ideas what happened to Paul Wey after he exited the scanning arena ?

Mike

A person search shows only one Paul Wey & he lives close to the Ofcom radio monitoring site.
I would imagine Paul lost a massive part of his life when he lost Scanproma. I know Paul allegedly had issues, but his last period running Scanproma was more chaotic than it previously had been. So maybe something was happening in his life.
I think Paul did far far more good for the hobby, than he did bad.
And I may not think his BBC piece was wise, but that is with hindsight & I do think it shows why we all need to take care. The media are hypocrites & will anything for a cheap & nasty story.
I know a BBC journalist who has been very happy in the past to have stories gathered via a scanner user passed on to him. And I seriously doubt that some of the really good investigative journalism that we see on the BBC could be done without doing some bits & pieces far more dubious than anything we do.
With reference to the Football stuff. Paul never denied that someone who was, or who may have been involved in Milwall violence contacted him & he never denied that he gave them information. But he did say he felt uncomfortable about who they were & gave nothing but the most basic & minimal info that was readily available & not very helpful.
I do not know about others here but I have been contacted for information by people who made me feel something was not right. It is perfectly possible to appear to be helpful & friendly, even when you are not helping.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Metradio » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:56 pm

m0lsx wrote:A person search shows only one Paul Wey & he lives close to the Ofcom radio monitoring site.

I think he had lived in Baldock all his life, the latest address is different so I assume his parents have passed on and he has been rehoused and downsized..
Giving up ScanProma must have been like loosing a leg for Paul. He was in general good for the hobby but his interaction with others was chaotic, on one hand he refused help or advice but on the other he was easily led by some undesirables..
It did not help with his rants about the US government with the odd death wish on them :sad:

Just after the millennium dome diamond jewel robbery I had a visit from Sun Hill's finest asking questions about the Met's trunking information on a Uniden BC245 scanner. I gather one of the gang purchased a couple of the scanners from Lynchie who put then onto ScanProma or directly on to Paul, who then met up with one or more of the gang and gave them lessons in radio use, Met radio procedures and print outs of talkgroups and radio ID's. All to no avail as the Met somehow knew what was going on and used a different radio system..

I gather Paul had a visit from a football 'supporter' knocking on his front door and asking if he could come out and play, how much he told them I don't know, but it caused the Met's football intelligence unit to review their security when they were tipped off..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT.
Metradio

Postby m0lsx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:48 pm

There is a great book called the Rigger by Jack Williams who was a military antenna engineer / rigger. In the largest part it deals with his time in Northern Ireland with "The Det" or 14th Intelligence as they should be called.
During his time in NI, the opposition managed to listen in & get details of the radio codes used & as a result ambush & kill a Det operative.
The Dets system was broken by a young enthusiast.
I am not sure if it was him or one of the others out there at the time who have also written books. But the comment was made that an enthusiast with time & logic, can breach security better than any criminal.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rigger-Operating-SAS-Jack-Williams/dp/0850528178

Edited to add. The Dets budget was SAS budget, hence why he & Jackie George (She who dares) use the SAS tag.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Metradio » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks for that, during the early years of the troubles in Northern Ireland most radio security was by simple 'in the clear' voice coding - northbound on A road, passing Green junction... a lot to remember and simply cracked given time by an enthusiast :sad:
Later on encrypted Racal Cougar repeater systems became widespread in the province but mainly for Police and special units.. We mainly used off the shelf PYE or Storno single or 3 channel UHF bodyworn handies working in the clear through a repeater network..

Have just downloaded a Kindle version of the book so will have a read later..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT.
Metradio

Postby spikem » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:04 am

Warrington Collegiate DMR 455.850 cc1 s1 no prizes for TG
spikem

Postby stanogs68 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:49 am

spikem wrote:Warrington Collegiate DMR 455.850 cc1 s1 no prizes for TG
haha mmm i wonder :biggrin:
stanogs68

Postby moj » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:13 pm

I picked that up ages ago but couldn't workout exactly where it was due to weak signal , so thanks for that ;)
moj

Postby spikem » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:32 pm

Out and about today and picked these few up. Haven't spotted them in previous posts. If you know any of these already can you point them out to save a bit of time so I can concentrate on the new ones. Other info available if you need help All Dmr except one. Daytime

165.6875 mentioned collecting money
166.4375 normal FM voice channel in clear
453.9 Mentioned Newton Turnstile open
455.625 Shopping Mall Mentioned Tesco/Poundland
spikem

PreviousNext

Return to English Frequencies by Area