Runcorn / Widnes / Warrington

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Re: Runcorn / Widnes / Warrington

Postby AndrewIrvine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:05 pm

dazzerlee1 wrote:Well said Moj
I have lost 3 or 4 local scanning sites I liked because some idiot decided to put ALL the details onto a public page so they then went and encrypted the freq's just like you say will happen.
I also love to listen in but do not give my lists to others that I don't know as it will very quickly kill this great hobby if we swop in private or post on secure folders in members only groups some info to help others start that's one thing but posting the full info is another and only those that don't really care will post ALL the info not just some channels ect to start off with.

Hopefully Admin will step in as we know the rules set out for this group. :walkietalkie:

I only know two people personally on this site, my posts in total have been viewed at least 5000 times, the site has 3614 members, 2, possibly 3 out of that 3614 have objected. In regards to DMR, I haven't put every detail. Other groups I'm in allow all details and are still going.
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, BCT15X
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby AndrewIrvine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm

P.S, an admin posted this in this site, 9 months before I was even a member. Frequencies, tones etc....
My list, posted without my knowledge, I didn't get warmed up about it. I was glad my work was appreciated. If I'm breaking the rules, so are members of the admin.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=197

Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby stanogs68 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:01 pm

moj wrote:I'm guessing your trying to aim this comment at me , seriously mate you have a problem if you want to try an antagonise me just cause you believe your right with your own personal views !

at the end of the day we are all likeminded and into the scanning hobby and its not my problem that the kim and tony haven't stepped in and commented and explained the forum rules to you yet or at least clarified who's in the right and who's in the wrong on this subject .

I'm just following what we all got told and all the members agreed on in the advanced forum so again you need to message them and show us the reply you get back or as the moderator kim silvershadow makes a forum statement for everyone to see and follow which we all finally agree on and the users who don't will get banned and removed if they don't follow the forums rules .

either way it wont be long before all this digital scanning vanishes especially when your not thinking and posting everything you find knowing there's going to be consequences in the future especially once it gets seen by either the programmers or the owners of the commercial company's and they switch to enhanced encryption and you can wave goodbye to all the hard work you have done searching for them etc .

I'm happy your posting stuff but the digital details themselves aren't helping the forum and worst case scenario its going to kill it and annoy the users who want to keep listening to there local shopwatch and then it vanishes overnight and no matter what scanner or radio you have bought they will be classed as useless again and we are back to the dark ages of scanning again.

like you I go out and search for the hidden frequency's and have even named what you haven't been able to name yet but the info only gets shared to genuine scanner users so it doesn't end up in the wrong hands and used by shoplifters or the muppet's trying to show off what they can hear in public or the idiots walking round with tyt radios on there local shopwatch channels like its allowed to be listened to while actually shopping in there shopping centre's and worst case programming both the transmit and receive frequency's into there cheap Chinese radios just for the main purpose to cause trouble and annoy the security guard's etc again just killing the scanning hobby .

Be honest would you be happy after spending all your money to buy these new whistler and your uniden's digital scanners or digital radios to see them end up as bricks sat in the corner when everything finally encrypt's ?

proper amateur use and maybe some pmr users will benefit from this happening but there will no longer be any use as a dedicated receiver like there used for now cause sadly that's the way its going to go for a lot of this forums users who will be gutted when it does happen and this is all cause we weren't smart enough to keep the details under the radar so in theory just shooting ourselves in the foot .
I think kim need's to jump in now and say her piece and we stick by it .

hey moj ,as you allready know we are both from the north west ,if you dont want to post details on here you can allways PM any new ones you have found round are area ,cheers
stanogs68

Postby AndrewIrvine » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:15 pm

AndrewIrvine wrote:
dazzerlee1 wrote:Well said Moj
I have lost 3 or 4 local scanning sites I liked because some idiot decided to put ALL the details onto a public page so they then went and encrypted the freq's just like you say will happen.
I also love to listen in but do not give my lists to others that I don't know as it will very quickly kill this great hobby if we swop in private or post on secure folders in members only groups some info to help others start that's one thing but posting the full info is another and only those that don't really care will post ALL the info not just some channels ect to start off with.

Hopefully Admin will step in as we know the rules set out for this group. :walkietalkie:

I only know two people personally on this site, my posts in total have been viewed at least 5000 times, the site has 3614 members, 2, possibly 3 out of that 3614 have objected. In regards to DMR, I haven't put every detail. Other groups I'm in allow all details and are still going.

Losing sites is a bit careless. I'm on a group that has been sharing information publicly since April the 9th, 2000. It must be one of the oldest scanning sites on the internet. I've been part of it since February 2002. Admin have been posting the same sort of information I have since before I joined.

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby stanogs68 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 am

And Andrew as far as I can see your not really causing any harm just helping out fellow scanning folk, if the people who use these radiod dont know how easy it is to listen to they should get someone else to run there security and if they are worried they will think of encrpting the radios anyway never mind after reading a small post on a internet scanning site
stanogs68

Postby AndrewIrvine » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Radio users should know not to pass sensitive stuff over the air. I'm well versed in doing security so I knew not to give out too much information. I wrote information down and either passed it on in person or phoned it in. I also find it hard to take seriously someone who says they are in the north west of the UK but living in England. I also still haven't heard back from admin who are doing the same stuff online in regards to information, that I am, but I'm wrong in doing what I'm doing. I have posted evidence.

This site like others has very few contributors of frequencies, the last thing we need is the handful we have being put off by self appointed back seat moderators / admin.

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby moj » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Andrew your at it again mate , listen and listen good , I was following what we were told by admin and not at all self appointed like your trying to make out in anyway and i've messaged admin to help clarify what they want the rules to be and to share them with everyone and I'll happily abide by any decision they take and I'm glad you contribute and try to help with your info etc but your attitude and remarks back are just crazy and sound like your the one trying to do the appointing instead of just accepting whatever outcome the admin decides seeing as it's there forum and there rules there making.

serious just just chill out and stop the sarcastic comments and trying to cause trouble and wait for the admins to comment back and then everyones happy and we all know where we stand .
also I am in the northwest of England in Manchester so I've no idea why you question that as wrong ?? either way time to chill mate and enjoy the hobby ;)
moj

Postby stanogs68 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:36 pm

hi moj just wondered did you get any new ones manchester warrington side ,cheers mate :biggrin: Andrew give us a shout next time your in the weatherspoons ill try and get there mate if your up for it :thumbup:
stanogs68

Postby moj » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:02 pm

Yeah i've picked up a few new ones stan , and also ive got to drive down your way again one day and try and listen to all the ones your not able to listen to yet mate , I did park in the centre of buxton in a carpark where the buses all park.

all I heard was the encrypted audio you were chatting about so another trip down is on the cards to try and sniff out the rest you were getting
moj

Postby stanogs68 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:02 am

Nice one mojif you get any new ones PM me ive just git my new computer up and running took ages with windows 10 but its sorted now so ill give you whatever I get nice one mate
stanogs68

PreviousNext

Return to English Frequencies by Area