BRIGHTON West Sussex - Shop/Security Frequencies

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Re: BRIGHTON West Sussex - Shop/Security Frequencies

Postby Scanningfan » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:11 am

I wonder if Churchill square car park will encrypt soon also then ?
Scanningfan

Postby bigboyblue » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:07 pm

I don't think they will, unless they experience issues with people peeing around on their handsets.

The shopwatch experienced people with cheap bafong type radios on their channels for months, which led the decision to go digital.

To my knowledge, Churchill square hasn't had any issues. Although they are on Hytera handhelds and base in control, the repeaters are Motorola dr3000's, so they would have to switch over to hytera repeaters too - the motorolas don't seem to like passing hytera encryption properly all the time it seems.

Shame that Churchill is so boring though. Unless you like hearing about cleaners, drinks spills, or the like, then there really is not much point. Someone get rid of that awful centre manager woman and bring in a decent security team, then there would be something decent to listen to !
bigboyblue

Postby Scanningfan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:25 am

I can now hear 453.0875 quite well wth a large antenna in the roof ! However 453.175 appears to be dead / unused ? Do you know anything about this ?
Scanningfan

Postby bigboyblue » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Scanningfan wrote:I can now hear 453.0875 quite well wth a large antenna in the roof ! However 453.175 appears to be dead / unused ? Do you know anything about this ?

The car parks channel & emergency channel is not used much, and has a downfire antenna to get into the car parks, so you really cant hear it unless you are very local to the centre.

As much as I take the pee out of the useless security and totally inept centre management, at least their channel isn't as boring as the car park one. Unless you like to know that a pay machine is clogged up, its really not worth bothering with. It may be worthwhile if they talked about capacities and full levels over the radio, so you'd have an idea if you would be able to park there, but they don't.
bigboyblue

Previous

Return to English Frequencies by Area