Frequencies for Beamish Open Air Museum please

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Re: Frequencies for Beamish Open Air Museum please

Postby G4RMT » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:13 am

It is a rather important distinction though, isn't it? Analogue or digital? I'm not sure I could identify a mode from presumably listening to the receive audio - and if you respond to a request with a definitive answer, surely it's got to be right?

Rather like last night's Oscars - the winner is ..... oops sorry it's not.
G4RMT

Postby Nighthawk999 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Whether Beamish use analogue or DMR it'll still be a good day out.
Nighthawk999

Postby Neil57uk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Agree. Beamish is a great day out with your ticket valid for the whole year.

This and other scanning groups is dogged by people making things up. Beamish have used the same analogue freq for twenty or more years and so any reports of digital usage is simply misleading.
Neil57uk

Postby Nighthawk999 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Neil57uk wrote:Agree. Beamish is a great day out with your ticket valid for the whole year.

This and other scanning groups is dogged by people making things up. Beamish have used the same analogue freq for twenty or more years and so any reports of digital usage is simply misleading.

I can't see why you're having a pop at thelad,in the past he's been very helpful to me.I'm sure he wasn't"making it up"and he certainly doesn't spoil this forum!
Nighthawk999

Postby G4RMT » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:04 pm

It's not personal - its simply because Google, for example, spider the forum, and information here gets copied and promoted as facts, so we need to always ensure that we are as accurate as we can be. Reputation is important. Like when we give colour codes and talk groups - they get included in people's own databases and then these get swallowed by somebody elses and so on.
G4RMT

Postby Nighthawk999 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:58 pm

G4RMT wrote:It's not personal - its simply because Google, for example, spider the forum, and information here gets copied and promoted as facts, so we need to always ensure that we are as accurate as we can be. Reputation is important. Like when we give colour codes and talk groups - they get included in people's own databases and then these get swallowed by somebody elses and so on.

Fair comment,thanks for that useful info,much appreciated.
Nighthawk999

Postby G4RMT » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:55 pm

I posted something on a forum about ten years ago. I got something quite wrong - it was model numbers and dates. At the time, I was working for BTEC. and I got hammered at a training session because it was at that time, the only thing Google could find on the subject, and it seemed that that one paragraph had been taken on board by every theatre lighting student in the country, and I kept reading the wrong dates being bandied around as fact, and it was just a mistake. 1935 instead of 1953 for a particular model being introduced.

Nobody ever discovered it was actually me!
G4RMT

Postby Neil57uk » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:42 am

Think the answer is, if you dont know for certain, dont post as fact.

About 15 years ago somebody posted a freq for a North Yorkshire theme park but in fact it was the National Trust site a few miles away. I posted a correction but the wrong frequency still appears in lists to this day.
Neil57uk

Postby thelad » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I wont post again, not to help anybody on the form.
thelad

Postby G4RMT » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:29 pm

No - Please do. These things happen, and we all make cock-ups - I do it all the time. It's not like any of this is actually directed at you personally, (in fact, by now I'd forgotten who it was anyway) - it's just a really important point about accuracy - because the internet lives forever, and none of us want to be remembered in say ten years time for being the person who started a ball rolling that can't be stopped.

Let's forget the individual circumstance, and move on. It's done some good I think by making people aware.

Please - I really don't think there was any negativity meant to you personally - just the consequence.
Sincerely - Paul
G4RMT

PreviousNext

Return to English Frequencies by Area