Frequencies for Gloucester Tall Ships Festival please

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Frequencies for Gloucester Tall Ships Festival please

Postby Nighthawk999 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi all,I'm going to book a daytrip(travelling in May) for the Gloucester Tall Ships Festival,and would like to have some frequencies for the day please,so I can get them programmed in advance.
As ever,all relevant freqs would be gratefully received.I'd like,if possible,maritime freqs and event staff etc.please.
Many thanks.
Nighthawk999

Re: Frequencies for Gloucester Tall Ships Festival please

Postby Minus1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:27 am

Gloucester Harbour reported to use Channel 6. I'm sure they'll mention any other channels in use.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby AndrewIrvine » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:56 am

Most of the event staff will probably be using the 8 446's or 3 449's. Apart from my radio having close call, I also run it through multiple search banks when out and about to find stuff.
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, BCT15X
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby maylandmanta » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 am

Bristol Channel /River Seven VTS & Pilots are on channels 12 & 14,Gloucester Harbour uses channel 6 and the locks & Bridges upstream use channel 74 for comm's

Steve
maylandmanta

Postby Nighthawk999 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Thanks chaps.
I know what you mean about using CloseCall(Which I've never really got on with tbh) etc AndrewIrvine,but my time at the event will be fairly limited,also I prefer to have the scanner tucked in an inside pocket at public events,which is why I asked for known frequencies rather than searching.I guess we all have our favourite ways of doing it.
@maylandmanta;Thanks for those,luckily I've already got the marine channels programmed in from last year at Yarmouth,so I'll just assign the names to the relevant channels-if that makes sense?
I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to post known freqs for the events staff.
Nighthawk999

Postby AndrewIrvine » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:13 pm

To provide you with the frequencies of the events staff, you would have to know in advance a least who has been awarded the contract for being there. Even then they may have several channels to use. I carry my 3500 in an inside pocket, but I can still read what I get hit with. I have a jacket with paralyses pockets, one for the radio, one for a notebook and pen, one for spare batteries etc. Nobody here will be able to provide you with the exact anything because they don't know who will be there. At airshow events people freely walk about with scanners, so why not shipping ones? At the airshow in Ayr last year, I sat down with my scanner in my rucksack and had my earphones in. If I got a hit or heard anything, I just looked inside my rucksack. If you don't use close call, you are letting go an opportunity.

I've posted on several groups my finds. almost all done with my 3500 in a pocket, even updated online as I've found them.
I 'go listen' rather than always expect people to just provide.

Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby Nighthawk999 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:39 pm

AndrewIrvine wrote:To provide you with the frequencies of the events staff, you would have to know in advance a least who has been awarded the contract for being there. Even then they may have several channels to use. I carry my 3500 in an inside pocket, but I can still read what I get hit with. I have a jacket with paralyses pockets, one for the radio, one for a notebook and pen, one for spare batteries etc. Nobody here will be able to provide you with the exact anything because they don't know who will be there. At airshow events people freely walk about with scanners, so why not shipping ones? At the airshow in Ayr last year, I sat down with my scanner in my rucksack and had my earphones in. If I got a hit or heard anything, I just looked inside my rucksack. If you don't use close call, you are letting go an opportunity.

I've posted on several groups my finds. almost all done with my 3500 in a pocket, even updated online as I've found them.
I 'go listen' rather than always expect people to just provide.

Well,when I was at Yarmouth Maritime Festival last year,I took my scanner out of my pocket to look at a particular freq that was tx-ing,and got quizzed by a police officer who I hadn't spotted approaching!Airshows are an entirely different thing,and it's generally accepted that scanners can be used there.
At non-airshow events,it's always better to have the scanner hidden,to prevent awkward questions from staff,who,unlike airshow staff,aren't used to seeing scanners.This is why I don't use CloseCall which would mean having my scanner on show whilst entering details into a"bank".
As for"always expecting people to provide"that is one of the many uses of a radio scanning forum!Regular posters on here have always been very helpful in regard to requests for frequencies,and do so freely.

Re your sweeping statement that'nobody here will be able to provide you with the exact anything',take a look at my post from last year re Yarmouth Maritime Festival,some very detailed replies were given.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4921
Nighthawk999

Postby AndrewIrvine » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:07 pm

Sorry, we are trying to state the blatantly obvious. If you expect anyone to troll through a years worth of posts on here and expect to remember everything posted in that time, then you are just expecting too much. You are expecting us to just hand you everything you need to know, leaving it up to us to go and find things for you. It was not a sweeping statement I made, thanks, I was also stating the truth. I was at the Tall Ships Race in Greenock a few years ago, the stewards had 446 radio's. they picked one frequency then moved as it clashed with a local shop.

You get companies like G4S here in Scotland at least, who provide cover at Premiership and lower league football grounds, racecourses, rock concerts, the Air Show, in Ayr, fireworks displays and much more.

I won't trouble you with trying to be helpful if you are going to bite the hands off the people trying to provide you with the stuff to feed you. I've been supplying groups I've been in with frequencies etc for about 18 years, I don't need crap off people who can't be bothered to find things. I don't live anywhere in England either but was still prepared to help with a list of possibles, but if you are going to just open your mouth to change which foot goes in next....

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby thelad » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:43 pm

Nighthawk999 wrote:Hi all,I'm going to book a daytrip(travelling in May) for the Gloucester Tall Ships Festival,and would like to have some frequencies for the day please,so I can get them programmed in advance.
As ever,all relevant freqs would be gratefully received.I'd like,if possible,maritime freqs and event staff etc.please.
Many thanks.

Sent you a PM hope that helps.
thelad

Postby Nighthawk999 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:10 am

thelad wrote:
Nighthawk999 wrote:Hi all,I'm going to book a daytrip(travelling in May) for the Gloucester Tall Ships Festival,and would like to have some frequencies for the day please,so I can get them programmed in advance.
Many thanks.

Sent you a PM hope that helps.

Replied thanks
Nighthawk999

Next

Return to English Frequencies by Area