Kettering

Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Re: Kettering

Postby AndrewIrvine » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Sent: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:55 pm

SilverShadow wrote:
"No problem and I completely understand".

"The images are gone from your thread now so it's nice and clean. If anyone posts off topic or anything derailing to your threads or posts then let us know with the report button and we will look after the rest for you" :thumbup:

Please sort it out amongst yourselves and get back to me. I'm spending money on train fares and pushing a bike for miles to get stuff only for moj to complain. The proverbial phrase has the first word start with an "F", the second word being, off.
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, BCT15X
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby AndrewIrvine » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 pm

G4RMT wrote:Nobody has ever said code as encryption in any sense that I can remember. It's simply a rule, that all members should follow. Doesn't matter if you agree with something or not. If you don't wish to follow the rule, then start your own forum and pay the bills. calling the people who run the forum names is just childish and helps form opinions. Colour codes are something you just have to work out for yourself - and lets me honest CTCSS is a receive function to silence traffic. colour codes enable reception. Totally different - not remotely an equivalent!

Post already reported before I got to it, interesting....
200 miles in 2 days for my 3 children.
https://www.justgiving.com/Andrew-Gordon-50

Pro 2042, Pro 26, 3500XLT, BCT15X
Yaesu FT60-R, Yeasu 1900, Retevis RT3, Tytera MD380, Retevis H777, FDC160A, 278B, Puxing 888

"I'm listening.."
AndrewIrvine

Postby moj » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:40 pm

You seriously are a muppet mate , first of all I haven't reported you but I posted this to try and show you with the copy and pasted text that its all genuine and we did receive that off kim regarding forum rules etc but for some strange reason you hate authority or rules and just want to scream and argueand dismiss everything that's said ?

you won't even listen to advice off anybody and presume everybody is lying and making it up as we go along !

hopefully if kim read's this she will comment herself and as other post's have said I think its time you start your own forum with your own rules if your not happy with how this one is run and then you can scream and shout all you want mate .
moj

Postby m0lsx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:00 am

AndrewIrvine wrote: Please sort it out amongst yourselves and get back to me. I'm spending money on train fares and pushing a bike for miles to get stuff only for moj to complain. The proverbial phrase has the first word start with an "F", the second word being, off.

Personal abuse, is not acceptable & just so you know who reported you...IT WAS ME.

Edited to add. You really are you own worst enemy, I have tried really hard to be supportive because as a whole most of your posts are really good & show someone who loves the hobby. But there is only so much that is acceptable & the above post has finally tipped the balance in the wrong direction for you, as far as I am concerned.
Last edited by m0lsx on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Minus1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 am

I'm completely with Andrew on this.
CTCSS, DCS, Colour Codes, NAC codes, all work in exactly the same way, despite bizarre claims by others that they do not (for which no evidence whatsoever is presented).

If you specify 'search' on an analog transmission with a CTCSS code, it reveals it.
if you specify that CTCSS code, it passes that signal, and rejects signals with all other codes.

If you specify 'search' on an analog transmission with a DCS code, it reveals it.
if you specify that DCS code, it passes that signal, and rejects signals with all other codes.

If you specify 'search' on an digital DMR transmission with a colour code, it reveals it.
if you specify that colour code, it passes that signal, and rejects signals with all other codes.

If you specify 'search' on an digital P25 transmission with an NAC code, it reveals it.
if you specify that NAC code, it passes that signal, and rejects signals with all other codes.

That is how all these codes were designed to work.
Claims that CTCSS and DCS are allowed but Colour Codes are not, make no logical sense whatsoever, and serve to confuse those who are still trying to figure out how to make the best of their scanner.

Those who insist that this rule must be obeyed, need to provide a proper written explanation of why.
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby m0lsx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 am

SilverShadow wrote: No group ID's or encryption etc. are allowed just frequency and colour code.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby Minus1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:21 am

Group IDs and encryption are two entirely separate things.

Talk Groups IDs are just the automated digital version of a callsign.
There is no conceptual difference between a spoken callsign like "Heathrow Tower" and a Talk Group ID like "9602" that can easily be attributed to a given group of users, or a User ID that can easily be attributed to a particular user.

Encryption cannot be bypassed by us mere plebs anyway, so there is no point in declaring it "banned".
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby G4RMT » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

I think that at least a couple of my clients would be pretty annoyed if their encryption code was made present on the internet, and I support that opinion too. The thing is that while most forum users are regulars, and hopefully responsible, we often get topics wanting transmission data to stick in a code plug, and the only reason I can think they want that is to access that system. With upgrades to software, as in promiscuous mode, these things are not a critical as perhaps they once were, but each forum decides where the line gets drawn, and this one made it quite clear where the line is. A few people chip away, moaning about it and grumbling about how stupid the rule is, how easy it is to get around it but the simple fact remains - we don't do it. Other forums do, and that's fine. I cannot speak for the people who run this forum, but it's their ball and they choose who plays. I respect their opinion, but others don't. Forums are a community, and every community has a few who want change, and don't like it when it doesn't happen. That's just life isn't it? Bit by bit, radio is becoming secure(ish), and the speed it goes depends on the idiots. Somebody getting the colour code access details for stopwatch 'off the shelf' on a forum can then do their shoplifting with impunity, knowing far more about the security than they should. I don't think the scroats should have their life made easier for them. Plenty of forum members see somebody join and then ask for frequencies for specific users. Sometimes I even know them, but until that person has made a few useful posts, I don't know them at all, and have no opinion about them.

Can we stop the squabbling over a rule that has been stated quite a few times - it's getting like Brexit now. People continually whining over a done deal. If you feel anything goes, then this is not that kind of forum. There are others, but I like it here, can live with the rules - and when you join you do agree to follow them, so just do it, please.
G4RMT

Postby bigboyblue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:53 pm

I am also with Andrew on this one.

As a supplier, and as I have said before, colour codes, and group codes are NOT encryption. Quite why people are spreading that they are, is beyond me. It just shows a total lack of knowledge on the part of those people. The Motorola radio planner guide has been out in the wild for years, and clearly explains the concept of colour codes, and RAS and encryption, to those who need to refresh themselves.

If a supplier is telling their clients that these codes ARE encryption, then they need to be told that their supplier is dishonest, and they should change supplier immediately.

The only thing that shouldn't be put on here are RAS codes (which nobody can get hold of anyway, bar being the one who programmed the network), and encryption keys, which the same applies to.

It appears that those that are scaremongering aren't suppliers. well, here it is from the horses mouth - any decent supplier puts RAS and encryption onto the system from the outset - and gives those details to the client under a confidentiality agreement. They password the programming, and they ensure the latest firmware is on the clients network when its deployed - and go back and update it if they need to. On mototrbo, basic privacy / encryption doesn't degrade voice quality, and doesn't cost any more to deploy. Its not as robust as enhanced, but it serves a purpose - to keep scanners out.
bigboyblue

Previous

Return to English Frequencies by Area