Regional Radio Scanner Frequencies titled by area, all ENGLAND covered in here

Postby M6SPW » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:46 pm

Just heard two guys on 455.400 NFM chatting in very fluent French,any idea's what i am listening to? :dizzy: as i am up in Lancashire not in Calais :lol: all it says on the scanner list is that its Ofcom channel number U1234 ??
M6SPW

Re: 455.400

Postby Neil57uk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:33 pm

My money is on Tour de Yorkshire. Expect lots of coms via airbourne repeater outwith normal UK band plan in French, Italian and Spanish etc.
Neil57uk

Postby Neil57uk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Checked it out. It is TdY. Freq actually 455.39375 tone 88.5. Also loud and clear in Yorkshire.
Neil57uk

Postby M6SPW » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Cheers for that Neil,that explains :thumbup: it would of perhaps helped if i could speak / understand French but i cannot,so what does it mean by it being an Ofcom channel?? ,Cheers,Shaun :smiles:
M6SPW

Postby Minus1 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:08 am

It's not 'OFCOM' because all the PMSE bands are managed by JFMG.
http://www.jfmg.co.uk
This website has recently been completely changed and appears as a very bizarre mix of "Investment & Exchange" and PMSE stuff which is completely lacking in detail. I'm not convinced the URL hasn't been grabbed by a third party. (Though it could be just design incompetence)

Anyway, freqs don't appear in OFCOM's WTR, and what detailed information there was online from JFMG has disappeared.

The PMSE bands are listed in OFCOM's Frequency Allocation Table (Appendix H)
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/information/uk-fat
— but that is now from 2013, so there may have been some slight changes.

Most of the VHF low frequencies are little used these days in my experience, so shout if you hear anything down that way.
You will note that they are fond of using 12.5 kHz spaced channels with these stupid 6.25 kHz offsets.

BBC Local Radio outside broadcasts still use around 141 MHz, and some TV broadcast centres, but most commercial radio stations seem to have abandoned the idea of outside broadcasts, much like they've abandoned the concept of anything local except the news…. :rolleyes:
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby Minus1 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 am

I see from another post that JFMG is now PMSE, but they clearly didn't bother to renew jfmg.co.uk, so somebody else grabbed it to deliberately confuse people. :rolleyes:
I reserve the right to ignore people who have made no attempt to the read the manual, and expect others to do it for them.
Minus1

Postby G4RMT » Mon May 01, 2017 9:14 am

I've got a few PMSE license, and JPMG don't exist any longer - here's the letter from 2013!
Dear Paul

As of 1 January 2014 the JFMG team is changing its name. We’re letting you know as you are a valued customer of ours and we want to keep you informed. You will receive a series of mails between now and January 2014 about the name change and what it will mean for you.

So what is the name changing to?
We have taken the decision to change our name to fit with our wider company name, Arqiva. The team will be rebranded Arqiva PMSE (Programme Making and Special Events). There will be no change in the team itself. Our staff members and location remain exactly as they are.

When is it changing?
From 1 January 2014 the JFMG name will no longer be used - from this date we will be known as Arqiva PMSE.

Why is it happening?
The JFMG business partnered with Arqiva in 2011 and we have been working together as one company since then. Following the Arqiva brand refresh and launch of the new website www.arqiva.com in June, we’ve decided now is a good time to make the full transition to the Arqiva name.

What can you expect between now and then?
Between now and 1 January 2014 we will continue to communicate with you on the name change. There will be no loss or disruption to your current service levels. As with all changes in name, there will be some alterations to things such as bank details and email addresses that you will need to be aware of; something that will be communicated fully in our next email.

It’s important to us that we keep you updated during the countdown to the name change and once we are fully re-named. If you have any queries please contact me or one of the team on 0207 299 8660.

Kind regards
Carys Reynolds

Operations Manager JFMG
G4RMT

Postby M6SPW » Mon May 01, 2017 11:48 am

OK guys,that explains more,i was just curious as to why they were called "Ofcom channels" in Kimmy's scanner frequency list that is all.
M6SPW

Return to English Frequencies by Area