CTCSS Code Help Required!

Find all National Usage Frequencies in here used all over The UK

CTCSS Code Help Required!

Postby cherryben » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi there. I am a complete newbie to this so please excuse my ignorance. I recently purchased the latest scanning frequencies list from Kimmyjs19. The reason for this was to find which frequencies are used by Showsec International as I am looking to buy a Motorola GP340 to use alongside their company radios in our venues. I have found 3 frequencies registered to them, but I am also being asked for a CTCSS code in order to get them programmed correctly. Would anyone here know what that might be or where I might find such a code?! Many thanks.
cherryben

Re: CTCSS Code Help Required!

Postby m0lsx » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:32 pm

If your company wants you to use their frequency, then they will supply all the information that you need to program the radios.
Without the permission of the licence holder you cannot legally use the frequency, partly because your radio may not comply with the licence conditions they have agreed to & partly because the named licence holder needs to know what is happening as they they are the ones who are legally accountable to Ofcom for the use of that radio system.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby G4RMT » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:42 pm

From experience, Showsec are quite anti non-showsec crews having access into their systems. On the busier shows they do a pre-show briefing that covers callsigns in use and important features, and you won't be invited to those. Why would you want to talk to the security people, when the usual process would be to give one of your venue radios to their operator. I can understand you wanting to listen to them, but speaking is not appreciated. I did exactly this at a regular job of mine - programmed the venue's two channels backstage and foh into the radios we use for our crew, and it was made quite clear by 'short-circuiting' the usual process was not welcome. They didn't even like being listened to!
G4RMT

Postby cherryben » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the answers. Sorry I should have made it clear before, the reason for me asking about the CTCSS code was because I work for Showsec, I don't want to just listen in on them! The problem is that they are always short on radios throughout their venues and outdoor events and I have been given this radio by a family member as it was no longer required by them. In my mind it made sense to turn up for work with my own radio that works alongside theirs, rather than have to worry about whether or not I'd be allocated one to use. I didn't realise it was so difficult to do so! Thanks again :0)
cherryben

Postby bigboyblue » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Showsec are slowly changing over to digital sets (dp4400) as they don't want anyone listening at all.

They have fired people on the spot for having their own radios, when they had their old systems (sounds like you still use gp340's in your region / venue). They are very protective over what they see as someone over stepping the mark.

I see it as decent staff wanting to have a radio that actually works, and battery that lasts more then ten mins ...... but they don't see it like that.
bigboyblue

Return to Nationwide UK Scanner Frequencies