PROMA & Paul Wey Scanning - BBC News Feature

Watch Scanner and Radio Videos and listen to Audio Recordings Here

Re: PROMA & Paul Wey Scanning - BBC News Feature

Postby T2tim » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:53 am

yeah it looks like a DJX10 which would have cost a lot more than £200 at the time! more like £400 infact
T2tim

Postby gadget11 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:09 pm

in this day and age of So called Terrorism they want us to tell tale on neighbours and friends put the emergancy services on uhf and vhf like the old days and we can help look for Suspects and help everyone in the fight agains Terror :-)
gadget11

Postby theparrotman999 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:20 am

If any of you would like to get all tetra speech encryption on any TETRA AIRWAVE Radio you need A ( Aeroflex 8150 RF AIRAnalyzer desktop TETRA receiver & the cost is over £ 50.000 . Hope this helps you that have loads of money . Only if my numbers come up hahaha .
theparrotman999

Postby G1LSK » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 pm

I remember Paul Wey very well. I met him a few times at the RAF Waddington Airshow when I lived in that area.
I got on well with him. I know he had issues and knowing what I know now he could have been Autistic. I know some people had problems with him but from what I remember of what went on at the time I think it was a case of IF you don't want the bear to attack then DON'T poke it! I'd like to know what happened to Paul and get in touch with him again.
G1LSK

Postby USAFE501 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:16 am

Hi Guys,
Just to let you know,Paul is fine - saw him on Monday of this week with his Uniden DMR scanner in hand.
He mentioned Portsmouth and a US Aircraft carrier.....
...I speak to him fairly often so happy to pass on any messages.

Thanks
Kev (USAFE501)
USAFE501

Postby Metradio » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:10 am

USAFE501 wrote:.....He mentioned Portsmouth and a US Aircraft carrier.....(USAFE501)

Ah yes, Paul's great love for the Americans :laughs:

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby FreqFreak » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 am

G1LSK wrote:I remember Paul Wey very well. I met him a few times at the RAF Waddington Airshow when I lived in that area.
I got on well with him. I know he had issues and knowing what I know now he could have been Autistic. I know some people had problems with him but from what I remember of what went on at the time I think it was a case of IF you don't want the bear to attack then DON'T poke it! I'd like to know what happened to Paul and get in touch with him again.

I think it was Asperger's. I remember him from way back when, hope he's doing well.
FreqFreak

Postby Metradio » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:17 pm

Sometimes Paul's aspergers got in the way of the hobby and sometimes the hobby got in the way of Paul's aspergers..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby Davie Boy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:52 pm

The police dont care about scanners anymore they know their system is secure and cannot be picked up on a scanner anymore.... I remember not long after Derbyshire constabulary went tetra.... they were one of the first with the met being one of the last funny enough.... not long after they went tetra they gave a lot of the scanners they had confiscated over the years back.... I know this as I bought a lot locally who were all selling them as the police had gone tetra :mrgreeny:

Any really secure should not be able to be heard on a consumer available scanner.... if they can.... then surely the fault is with the end user not having their house in order and not the casual listener?
Davie Boy

Previous

Return to Radio & Scanner Video's and Audio