Uniden BCD996XT Analogue & Digital Scanner - VHF UK Airband

Watch Scanner and Radio Videos and listen to Audio Recordings Here

Uniden BCD996XT Analogue & Digital Scanner - VHF UK Airband

Postby SilverShadow » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:57 am

http://youtu.be/xhTlibLL0ik

The Uniden Bearcat BCD996XT Scanner Scanning though various frequencies in The VHF Airband. Scanner located in Buxton, central UK.

The programming of this scanner is very similar to the Uniden BCT15X, so if you are familiar with that you will find no problem with this. Be aware, although it is a digital and analogue scanner the digital function is fairly useless over here in The UK as it is aimed at the US market and covers digital modes popular over there such as APCO25. It will not decode DMR transmissions such as Mototrbo, Nexedge, D-Star, AMBE+2 and dPMR. There is a DMR scanner hitting the market soon called the AOR DV-1 which will decode DMR.
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Re: Uniden BCD996XT Analogue & Digital Scanner - VHF UK Airb

Postby sammy3417 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Nice scanner I have a bct15 good radio......This looks very nice I am lucky in my part of the country as I have the only APCO25 system in the clear with no encryption I use the pro 106 for digital trunk tracking its great.....bet this radio would be great for me where did you get it and what sort of price ?

Cheers

Sam
sammy3417

Postby Stealth » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Why do the ATC , pilots talk so friggin fast ,is it part of the eticet? :shocker:
Stealth

Postby SilverShadow » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:02 am

sammy3417 wrote:bet this radio would be great for me where did you get it and what sort of price ?

Hi Sam, yep it would probably be awesome for Salisbury. We only had it for 2 days, a friend wanted it programming as they had bought it thinking it would decode UK DMR Digital modes, they're still keeping it though and wanted two banks setting up, one for local PMR stuff and the other airband so she can lock it out when her partners not there as she only likes the local stuff. It is a nice scanner and very similar to The BCT15X.

Stealth wrote:Why do the ATC , pilots talk so friggin fast ,is it part of the eticet? :shocker:

Yep most of time, as they have a lot of planes to deal with on the same frequency they like short and to the point transmissions.
SilverShadow
Site Admin

Postby milly » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:47 am

Sammy, the 996T and XT both work fine with the net on SPTA and the USAF bases here though the GRE scanners perform better on APCO-P25 than the Unidens in my experience. Neither scanner was marketed over here. Pricewise, I paid approx $280 and $300 in the USA when they first came out. It's usually cheaper to buy the higher spec US models and import them than to buy the European models. Both of these co-incided with trips over there so I saved a few dollars in P&P.

I imagine there would have been a glut of them when the Merkins rushed to buy the new 536HP earlier this year. That probably then dried up as the 536HP has been fraught with problems before and during release. Subsequently a lot of people sold the newer models and downgraded when promised features of the 536HP didn't materialise.
milly

Return to Radio & Scanner Video's and Audio