PRO-2042 Carrier operated Led.

For all your radio modifications, manuals, tips, reviews and guides

Re: PRO-2042 Carrier operated Led.

Postby ZB2B » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Frequency Hopper wrote:
milly wrote:The modification is originally from Bill Cheek's second Scanner Modification Handbook. His description covers about four pages and includes the relevant circuit diagram applicable to the 2004, 2006, 2035, 2042 (and possibly others...it's a long time since I looked at the mod).

I have got that book somewhere if I recal correctly it has a picture of two realistic pro-2006 scanners on the front cover (the scanner up top left scanning away on the forum).

If you have no luck I can dig it out and scan the relevant pages to post here on the forum.

Thanks for your help, Yes do actually have both Bill Cheek's modification hand books, though it's mainly directed on the 2004/2005/2006, just checked both hand books, & there's no mention on the PRO-2042, which was not in production at the time.
ZB2B

Re: PRO-2042 Carrier operated Led.

Postby milly » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:52 pm

ZB2B wrote:
Frequency Hopper wrote:
milly wrote:The modification is originally from Bill Cheek's second Scanner Modification Handbook. His description covers about four pages and includes the relevant circuit diagram applicable to the 2004, 2006, 2035, 2042 (and possibly others...it's a long time since I looked at the mod).

I have got that book somewhere if I recal correctly it has a picture of two realistic pro-2006 scanners on the front cover (the scanner up top left scanning away on the forum).

If you have no luck I can dig it out and scan the relevant pages to post here on the forum.

Thanks for your help, Yes do actually have both Bill Cheek's modification hand books, though it's mainly directed on the 2004/2005/2006, just checked both hand books, & there's no mention on the PRO-2042, which was not in production at the time.

The modification was the same for pretty much all of the GRE produced Realistic/Tandy base scanners including the later descendents of the 2004.
I think the only one of Bill's books to specifically mention the 2042 was the third volume (The Ultimate Scanner?). The books and most of his mods from the bulletin board are in a box somewhere here. I still have a couple of 2006s and 2042s, all four are in use daily driven by Probe software. Knock spots of the unidens ;-)
milly

Previous

Return to Radio & Scanner Mods, Manuals and Tips