Be careful dealing direct with Anysecu

Talk about radio and non radio stuff in here, a place for Genral Chit Chat

Be careful dealing direct with Anysecu

Postby G4RMT » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:36 pm

I've been a decent customer of anysecu in Hong Kong for quite a while, but I'm concerned that their finances are very shaky.

For any UK customer dealing direct with them rather than through an escrow system like aliexpress or paying with Paypal - I would think carefully.

If you buy stock from them, this involves using an international transfer. They give you a swift/iban code with an account number. You also have to pay the bank charges.

I ordered some n60 4G network radios and they submitted a pro forma invoice. I used the bank details on it, but the account number format did not work. I asked them to check and they suggested removing the hyphen, which I did, and it went through - the account was debited and £25 charges for the transaction also came from my business account. Trouble was that they gave me the number of a bank they'd just discovered had closed the account. They tell me they cannot get access to that account any more and it's now some time I have been waiting. they did refund the charges via PayPal? however, they refunded 25 euros not pounds, and of course I also lost the PayPal charges. I keep waiting and waiting but am getting nowhere. apparently, I cannot provide them with any other information, as I simply have a confirmation of payment notice that just has their pro forma invoice number.

Looks very much like a very big firm with no control of their banking. I've no way to get the refund until they send it, if they ever will. I don't trust them any longer - I don't think it is a scam, but it is certainly NOT how responsible business operate.

Just a warning for anyone considering a purchase direct from them. Is anysecu a reliable and trustworthy manufacturer? Sadly, I now have to say no - they simply do not care about their customers losing money. They even suggested I make another payment to a new account number. They really were not joking, but serious.
G4RMT

Re: Be careful dealing direct with Anysecu

Postby Davie Boy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:00 pm

If they don't take PayPal and they are outside UK and not relatively well known... I stay well clear...

Too many stories of people getting ripped off with western union... bitcoin etc...

I would love an imsi catcher from alibaba... but if I did have a grand to spare I could never take the risk... :mrgreeny:
Davie Boy

Postby G4RMT » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:10 pm

Well Anysecu are a big company, and previously ok to deal with. If you buy equipment from china to use for yourself, or to sell - then bank transfers by swift or iban is normal. I buy lots of lighting equipment, so sending three or four grand is quite normal - and often to companies for the first time. It's a gamble of course, but I've never lost anything before. The buggers are now trying to blame me, saying it isn't their fault. At first, they said it was totally their fault as they provided the account numbers for their own bank account. it seems the bank closed the account and they now bank elsewhere, but gave me the old details which even though I checked them, were wrong. This is apparently my fault. They won't bend. The ironic thing will be that if I get the refund, you can bet they will then pester me to repeat the order. I do want the product, but their treatment when things go wrong is disgraceful. I don't think it's a scam, just something they seem unable to resolve.
G4RMT

Postby bigboyblue » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:07 pm

Have you been onto their bank to see if you can get it back ?

They don't have the cash, you don't have the cash, and the only one to help here is their old bank.
bigboyblue

Postby G4RMT » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Spoke again to Anysecu this morning and this afternoon got a message from my bank that the payment had been refunded, less £50, which I assume is charges. including the mess up with the initial bank charges, buying no radios as cost me quite a bit.
G4RMT

Postby G4RMT » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 am

Update.
They've deducted all the money I lost from the price of a replacement order. This has already been dispatched and on its way, so I'm kind of at the same point I was, bar three weeks.

One of my friends who is involved in Chinese trading tells me that there are quite a few quite large businesses who are Chinese mainland based for manufacturing, but have their sales people and dispatch in Hong Kong. This appears to be the case with Anysecu. Hong Kong based banks seem to close big accounts quite regularly in the too and fro of the politics over there. I can image the shenanigans of Asian business procedures over there. Anysecu's sales team is essentially detached from their research and development. Doesn't make it bad, he advises, but it's a bit like dealing with Sony in the UK. A huge international organisation but the UK arm are a separate entity, with little power to shift the larger company. Anysecu are a much smaller version, and having on paper two separate countries to operate from explains how powerless they are to sort issues like this. I have quite a few companies I do bank transfers to and my list is a bit smaller now. Credit cards and PayPal offer a level of extra safety for normal people. Trouble is, if you pay this way, the charges get passed on in the end price.
G4RMT

Return to General Discussion