Help regarding DSD+

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Help regarding DSD+

Postby welshmonitor » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Apologies for a new thread, but msg was in another thread for a week or so with no replies.

Could somebody please offer some guidance/help with regards to DSD+, please.

I currently have a BCT15X (with a working discriminator tap) An audio lead connected from the Disc Tap to the Line In port on my windows 10 PC.
I have the Line In, set as the Default In Device & my Realtek High Def Speakers set as the Default Output Device.
I have what I believe to be an NXDN voice transmission, I have DSD+ installed and run like this:-

1.> Open command prompt
2.> Change dir to dsd+
3.> Type dsd+ and the 4 windows appear on the screen.
4.> When I'm receiving a transmission the DSD+ Source Audio window wave format changes, but nothing else happens?

I believe I have everything set up correctly and have adjusted the input level of the Line In device (going from 1 to 100) several times while receiving a transmission, but again nothing gets decoded or shows on any of the windows apart from the DSD+ Source Audio Window, where the waveform changes frequently while receiving a transmission.

It's got me a bit stumped really.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated

Thanks
welshmonitor

Re: Help regarding DSD+

Postby jimh » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:47 pm

Lots of possibilities to check.....

Is this the first time of using DSD+ or is it the first time on this signal?

Are you able to tune to a known digital signal - say a local DMR transmitter to see what happens? If your setup is right in the first place, the original may not be a NXDN signal at all.
jimh

Return to DMR & Digital Modes