Help with Anytone 868 ..dmr listening

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

Help with Anytone 868 ..dmr listening

Postby USAFE501 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi Everyone,
Wonder if someone can help please ? :?: :?:
Recently got the Anytone 868 (codeplug from Moonraker included)...receiving plenty of stuff locally and worldwide, however when I select the VFO mode , I enter a receive frequency to a known dmr user , I ensure the radio settings are changed to allow any colour code, slot etc and also ensure the TX frequency is not the same...... I still don't get any audio. :sad: :sad:
Signal strength bars are full , indicator light illuminates on top of radio but I cant hear anything - i know there is audio as i have another dmr radio on the desk and speech blares from that speaker...
....What am i missing ? :huh:

Main reason for getting the radio was to use it for DMR monitoring when out and about , so any suggestions would be great :thumbup:

Thanks as always,
USAFE501 :wave:
USAFE501

Re: Help with Anytone 868 ..dmr listening

Postby thelad » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:36 am

Is the other radio you are picking it up on a scanner or a legit radio on a system?
Have you got CC/S/TG set to any in the "monitor" menu and "monitor" turned on.
thelad

Postby Metradio » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 am

The 868/878 will not receive DMR if RAS has been enabled on the system.
Digital scanners have no problem with RAS.

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600.
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot.
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPY on ARD.
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q /UBCD3600XLT / WTR Browser.
Metradio

Postby M3ZYH » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:21 pm

I had the same problem, until I realised the VFO was in Analogue mode instead of DMR. I now have the top VFO set to DMR and the bottom set to Analogue.
It now receives both DMR and FM really ell, now.
Hope this helps you.
M3ZYH

Postby USAFE501 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:47 am

Hi Everyone,
Many thanks for all the replies :thumbup: :thumbup:
I think all the settings are now correct , I will check with the scanner for other DMR signals and see what the Anytone does.

As always , really appreciate the help and responses :happy: :happy:

Will keep you updated,
Thanks
USAFE501 :wave:
USAFE501

Postby thelad » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:03 am

If the Scanner is picking up the audio and the Anytone picking up the Tx but not audio it will be RAS Restricted access system meaning that only a "registered" radio can connect.
thelad

Postby m0lsx » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:04 am

thelad wrote:If the Scanner is picking up the audio and the Anytone picking up the Tx but not audio it will be RAS Restricted access system meaning that only a "registered" radio can connect.

To a big extent this sounds like a positive for our hobby. As too many people who have no need to, are using transceivers & not the now readily available scanners. There use to be a logic to buying a tranciver, as digital scanners were not readily available, that is no longer the case. So anything which encourages people to use the right tool for the job, has to be good for both our hobby & the licenced users of transceivers.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Postby USAFE501 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Evening "thelad" and others... :smiles:
RAS now makes perfect sense, I didn't even consider that the network only lets those in it's "family" full/proper access. :rolleyes:

And regarding proper radio for proper role.....always been the same - looking back at the old analogue networks with ctcss , scanner users would hear everything regardless of tone etc however listen was all that they could do (unless ex-pmr radios were obtained and either re-crystalled or eprom reprogrammed ...bit of a fuss for the average scanner listener)....then dirt cheap handhelds covering vhf/uhf appeared offering wideband receive AND transmit with ease with the potential to cause mischief to legit users, all of a sudden people would come across a frequency on their radio and then find it easy to transmit on the very same !!! :shocker: :shocker:

I use the Whistler for DMR listening and the Anytone for amateur dmr listening - also any commercial dmr signals whilst I'm out and about with the Anytone but the radio is set to TX inhibit ....so no chance of transmitting even in error...also I'm not licensed , so no callsign available for me to use. (Just note where the signal is in the band and try it in the Whistler)
I wouldn't be surprised if the cheap handhelds with TX availability will soon have the ability to TX in the broadcast band 88-108 FM...Local Radio DJ here I come...... :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

USAFE501 :thumbup: :thumbup:
USAFE501

Postby m0lsx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:16 am

USAFE501 wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the cheap handhelds with TX availability will soon have the ability to TX in the broadcast band 88-108 FM...Local Radio DJ here I come...... :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Sadly there are plenty of dirty & cheap, far east band 2 TX's readily available on ebay already. And Medium Wave & shortwave are still by far the safest place to broadcast.

I started my radio journey as a listener whilst at school, but quickly moved onto shortwave broadcast & then Echo Charlie. And I still have a broadcast TX or two laying around here.
Buy a database from Kimmy JS19 via http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/
Or do Google search of this forum via http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=partner-pub-6291336405621919:2662881632
73 De Alan (M0LSX.)
http://www.qrz.com/db/M0LSX"
m0lsx

Return to DMR & Digital Modes