TYT DM-UVF10 DUAL BAND DPMR RADIO

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

TYT DM-UVF10 DUAL BAND DPMR RADIO

Postby T2tim » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 pm

does anyone know if these radios are compatible with the UK's licence free PMR digital channels that reside 446.103 and above? The UK band does use the DPMR standard but I heard a rumour that chinese DPMR radios use a different method of deviation that prevents back to back communucation with approved radios for this band, but not sure if its true. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321450182443
T2tim

Re: TYT DM-UVF10 DUAL BAND DPMR RADIO

Postby T2tim » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:13 pm

UPDATE: ok ive found something out. although this radio is the correct digital standard it does not have an option for 6.25khz step which is reqiured for the DPMR licence free 446 band. available steps are 2.5khz and 12.5 so this may indicate its not compatible. the question now remains......are there any Chinese DPMR radios with a 6.25khz step? for time some more research.
T2tim

Postby T2tim » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:00 am

UPDATE: the only DPMR radio ive found so far with the correct 6.25khz step is the Zastone ZT-9908. any opinions on this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zastone-ZT-99 ... lgo=origal
T2tim

Postby G4RMT » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:00 am

Sadly the Zastone is not really an option because it's discontinued and stocks are working themselves out. I've had some on order for a month and the supplier just gave up. You could find somebody with some in stock, but spare parts may well become very tricky soon. I was about to throw my hat in with pDMR but I've decided DMR is where I am going, and back to back in the license exempt band, even if illegally by virtue of power output I guess, it makes sense. Somehow I suspect that the idea of talking to strangers in this band will be difficult as most purchasers may just be wanting secrecy. As sharing this small band with two very different systems one able to access 16 channels and one 8 in the same space should be a bit crazy for anyone wanting to use it like CB. For small businesses, either should be fine I suppose!
G4RMT

Postby T2tim » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:58 pm

yes according to the company website they are out of stock too. I also see your point about Dpmr 446. on the analogue service almost anybody seems willing to talk to you, including the snotty nosed kid with his ice cream! but I suspect that people only use the digital service for speaking to people they know, and considering Dpmr radios are not available in the high street (or retail park?!) its really only going to be used by businesses. so on that basis the 'CB type' of chatter you describe is almost certainly an unlikely scenario lol
T2tim

Return to DMR & Digital Modes