ZASTONE ZT-9908 DPMR

Forum for DMR, dPMR, NEXEDGE, Mototrbo, MARC, Tetra & all other DIGITAL modes

ZASTONE ZT-9908 DPMR

Postby T2tim » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:36 pm

iam looking for a cheap Dpmr radio for the digital 446 licence free band in the Uk for RX purposes only. but ive noticed that the majority of Chinese radios dont support the 6.25khz shift thats required for this band. the Zastone is one of the very few that does so Iam assuming it is compatible? although ive heard that some Chinese radios are not using the right vocoder for the band ive mentioned, and deviation might also be an issue, although that may not be a problem for me because iam not transmitting? I guess iam just worried about wasting £80 if it doesnt work, or am I just going to have to take a gamble? cos I would imagine Dpmr radios are hard to sell on. I have asked the supplier but they dont seem willing to answer my question, and I was met with the same response when I asked them if it supported the ETSITS102490 standard which is required for this band. although it may not because its obviously not approved for licence free digital 446. the vocoder used is the biggest problem, and according to a website I visited recently not all chinese Dpmr radios can communicate with each other because they dont all use the same vocoders, let alone with japanese Dpmr radios such as those produced by the likes of Icom. so you see this is far from straight forward! infact the more I find out the more complex the issue becomes. SO A WARNING TO ANYONE: if you want Dpmr walkie talkies for communication between a group make sure you by all the same model radios! otherwise 2 way communication cannot be guaranteed because not every chinese radio uses the same vocoder. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/S78 ... ssages/336
Last edited by T2tim on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
T2tim

Re: ZASTONE ZT-9908 DPMR

Postby T2tim » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:12 am

(JUST UPDATED ABOVE)
T2tim

Return to DMR & Digital Modes